NBC Reality show to be filmed in Grand Rapids and West Michigan area

This is just barely starting to touch on where my rant would go if someone "got me started on this topic" (as I stated earlier in this thread). But, alas, so far I'm resisting the urge to "get started"...

(still biting my tongue...)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, I'm pretty surprised that reality TV shows are still around. I have yet to see one that wasn't a complete pile of septic garbage oozing from my television screen. They all seem to be designed to bring out the worst characteristics in their unbelieveably shallow "contestants". Instead of "reality", we get complete a-holes stabbing one another in the back in the persuit of some absurd amount of cash.

If this film commission wants NBC to film in West Michigan, they should convince them to shoot some episodes of Heroes around here. Now THAT would be cool!

It's ironic to hear many of you criticize people you don't even know for being close-minded and judgemental. How does the saying go? It's like the pot calling the kettle black. But whatever, that's a discussion for another time. Regardless of how open-minded and accepting they might be, I'm sure that with a week of filming and the need for controversy in reality tv, they're going to be painted as close-minded. With that much film, they'll be able to paint whatever picture they want through editing and taking statements out of context. Either way, it will be interesting to see how the family and West Michigan is portrayed in the show.

It's ironic to hear many of you criticize people you don't even know for being close-minded and judgemental. How does the saying go? It's like the pot calling the kettle black. But whatever, that's a discussion for another time. Regardless of how open-minded and accepting they might be, I'm sure that with a week of filming and the need for controversy in reality tv, they're going to be painted as close-minded. With that much film, they'll be able to paint whatever picture they want through editing and taking statements out of context. Either way, it will be interesting to see how the family and West Michigan is portrayed in the show.

Archived