Historic Westside and the A.U.C mew developements

westendatl

I recently moved to the area of Atlanta near downtown called Historic Westside near the Atlanta University center(A.U.C.).In the last 1year and a half i have seen the most new developement in that area,than i have seen in my 20 years of living in and out of Atlanta.Would anyone like to comment on the future of this once thriving area?This area is probably the latest and last area of Atlanta that is seeing renewed growth.There is a long way to go but will continue?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recently moved to the area of Atlanta near downtown called Historic Westside near the Atlanta University center(A.U.C.).In the last 1year and a half i have seen the most new developement in that area,than i have seen in my 20 years of living in and out of Atlanta.Would anyone like to comment on the future of this once thriving area?This area is probably the latest and last area of Atlanta that is seeing renewed growth.There is a long way to go but will continue?

Hi neighbor. I've lived in nearby West End Historic District for about 2 years. I agree with Andrea. You are seeing things that have been years in the planning and there is much more to come. The only thing separating Westside Village and Downtown is Castleberry Hill, so just hold on and you'll have a Starbucks within walking distance in no time (If you like that sort of thing). Also, besides all of the geographical benefits mentioned by Andrea the commercial storefronts on MLK have been purchased by JR Russell and Trammell Crow who have agreed to not demolish and keep them... historic.

Archived