Gus the Bus

Alright, today at lunch I was trying to describe to some guys I work with (none of which grew up in Charlotte), Gus the Bus. I remember as a child seeing Gus at my school.

Does anyone else remember Gus? I know its a stretch, but does anyone have any pictures of the painted, talking school bus?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus the Bus is still making the rounds. He was at my daughter's elementary school last month... you would have thought it was the Beatles. She was over the moon. I guess a teacher hides on the bus and tells Gus little facts about each student, because the bus called her by name and asked her about an assignment she was working on. She rushed home to take her "Gus the Bus Safety Quiz" so she could get her safety certificate the next day. The only problem with Gus the Bus is that I am now not allowed to rest my elbow on the open car door window area because Gus says it's dangerous. Silly safety rules. ^_^

I definitely remember Gus the Bus when he came to my elementary school David Cox, although from the pictures atlrvr provided it looks like they added a bit to good ol' Gus like the smile covering the grill. But i distinctly remember me and a few of my fellow curious school mates taking a peak in the bus and we saw a boomox situated under the drivers seat, needless to say this was a crushing blow to our young minds haha! but i have seen Gus a few times in University City so i am assuming he still makes his rounds to the local elementary schools

• 3 weeks later...

I created a Facebook for Gus the Bus.....I first ran into him at Clear Creek Elementary when I was six or so and I used to go by this dump on rocky river road in Union county near secrest short cut and as a child remember seeing an even older gus the bus rotted out and was so confused.....how could there be two gus the buses? So yeah check out the facebook group if you get a chance

Archived