Bush looking to re-start Cold War with Russia

monsoon

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is true only for the initial boost phase. When the engines shut off (they only run until the necessary speed is acheived to ballistically hit the target), the missile body is cooled quickly back to ambient, perhaps a little below. This is about the time the interceptor missile will be searching for it, since it has been playing catchup.

The recent heated rhetoric from Russia is a bit alarming, not because I believe there is a real threat from Russia, but because I think Vladimir Putin is a raging lunatic. I would hope that the Russian people could see past his lies and grabs for power and elect a true democrat to power.

They must see the progress that other former eastern bloc nations have made and see that Russia is really going down a dangerous road.

While I do see vast dreams of another cold war by some twisted neo-conservatives in this country, I don't think Bush is placing missiles in eastern Europe as a threat to Russia.

Both Bush and Putin belong in the Loony bin, but any serious talk about a new "cold war" would have to be instigated by a Russian crazy imagining non-existent threats.

The recent heated rhetoric from Russia is a bit alarming, not because I believe there is a real threat from Russia, but because I think Vladimir Putin is a raging lunatic. I would hope that the Russian people could see past his lies and grabs for power and elect a true democrat to power.

I agree Putin is highly dangerous. He was KGB chief at one time. He took over control of the Russian media. He has bullied and threatened our allies the Balts, and other surrounding countries. He tried to freeze his neighbors to death by cutting off their heating oil ~~how much evidence does anyone need to understand this man's evil?

Of course he has an American counterpart equally evil. I don't disparage Putin because I think Bush is better. He isn't one iota better.

One thing we have to realize-----Russia probably couldn't mount an invasion against any country at this time. It could threaten countries with missles, but it's economy probably wouldn't be able to support a big military adventure. However it is no excuse for the West to tolerate threats and bullying. The Balts lived under Russian subjugation from 1939-1991. I think it's time they should be able to live without fear of Russia.

CNBC just had a discussion on this - take this for what it's worth - they basically concluded that Putin is dangerous, that the KGB is directing policy in Russia, and that if this was a political chess match, Putin would have wiped the board with GW. They called Putin's positioning on this "brilliant".

George H.W. Bush (the current president's father) was head of the CIA at one time, and became president. Vladimir Putin was head of the KGB at one time, and now is the president of Russia.

The Bushes and the Putins are not that dissimilar.

....don't be so sure of that. Read into some of the affairs that George H.W. Bush was involved in as a CIA operative in the 1950s and early 60s. He reportedly served in the same Texas CIA cell as George DeMorenshield (Lee Harvey Oswald's "best friend") and Abraham Zapruder (the man who filmed JFK's assasination)

In his early CIA days, George H.W. Bush was known as Poppy. (same knickname he had/has among friends) In several declassified CIA documents, "Poppy" is listed as a passenger on a covert plane trip in the late 50s. Also listed as a passenger is "Hidel". A.Hidel was one of Lee Harvey Oswald's aliases.

Was George H.W. Bush involved with the CIA in orchestrating JFK's assasination? Lots of people think it's a definite possibility......

And no telling what Putin did when he was KGB chief.

I've read so much about Bush I's nefarious CIA activities in the 50's and 60s......

Here are two fun reads:

http://planetquo.com/The-George-H-W-Bush-J...rder-Connection

and this one's URL was too long, so go to the site and scroll down for the Bush-JFK connection:

http://www.democraticunderground.com

I never cataloged my research, but I'll go back and try to find some of the more interesting links about George H.W. Bush AKA "Poppy", and covert CIA activities.

Archived