Best authentic Italian restaurants in GR?

I was watching a show on TV last night about the best authentic Italian restaurants in Chicago, NY, San Francisco, etc.

It made me think about what we have in GR (Metro area is cool too).

I am talking about the old time places and not Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill.

Now if GB Russo and Son's owned and operated a restaurant...that would be awesome.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to throw in my nod for Vitales as well, but in the more formal and expensive world, Noto's is exceptional. It's been around for a long time, although not in its current location (used to be in standale) and the food is fantastic. Just bring your charge card.

I was watching a show on TV last night about the best authentic Italian restaurants in Chicago, NY, San Francisco, etc.

It made me think about what we have in GR (Metro area is cool too).

I am talking about the old time places and not Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill.

Now if GB Russo and Son's owned and operated a restaurant...that would be awesome.

Any suggestions?

Bella Mia! It's a little blink-and-you'll-miss-it restaurant down at Kalamazoo and M-6 - right in front of Celebration Cinema South.

Their pizza is great! Their Chickent Tortellini soup is AWESOME (unlike the bowl of broth that the place up the road serves, Bella Mia's CT soup has so much chicken and veggies in it that it only barely classifies as soup!). The Alfredo... ooo, the Alfredo! But for my money it's the Linguini with tomato sauce.

I dream about that man's linguini! :rolleyes:

And the portions... HUGE. I'm just sayin'.

Florentines on Kazoo north of 44th. It's a sports bar and the non-smoking area is pretty spartan but the food is great, portions large and prices reasonable. The spaghetti sauce is on the sweeter side ummm ummm good :thumbsup:

Bella Mia! It's a little blink-and-you'll-miss-it restaurant down at Kalamazoo and M-6 - right in front of Celebration Cinema South.

Their pizza is great! Their Chickent Tortellini soup is AWESOME (unlike the bowl of broth that the place up the road serves, Bella Mia's CT soup has so much chicken and veggies in it that it only barely classifies as soup!). The Alfredo... ooo, the Alfredo! But for my money it's the Linguini with tomato sauce.

I dream about that man's linguini! :rolleyes:

And the portions... HUGE. I'm just sayin'.

I concur 100% with Noto's. I think it is the very best Italian restaurant in GR. Not only is their food authentic, but the presentation of the food is unique and the atmosphere is lovely.

Archived