This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Memphis Love

Fairgrounds Redevelopment Meeting

2 posts in this topic

I just wanted to let everyone on this board know that there will be one final fairgrounds redevelopment meeting before a decision is made and it's open to anyone who would like to attend. The meeting will be held at First Congo in Cooper/Young at 6 pm on Thursday, June 14th. I hope some of you can attend. :thumbsup:

so i went to this meeting yesterday and found out some useful information about the project. The preliminary results from the three community meetings were discussed:

- Keeping Fairview school intact at the corner of Central/E.Pkwy or moving to the intersection of Young/E.Pkwy.

- Retail will line Central Ave. from E. Pkwy to the Children's Museum with possible loft or condo living above.

- A festival green that will be in the center of the fairgrounds with a huge park space on the south side of the property which could or could not involve the Coliseum.

- The Kroc Center will face East Pkwy b/w Central and Young.

- Harold Byrd (Bank of Bartlett) was also there and proposed again moving the Liberty Bowl from the Fairgrounds to the U of M although no decision has been made.

What do you guys think about this?