Indian Trails Golf Course

CK1

GR Press noted that the City is planning on putting the Indian Trails Golf Course (28th and Kalamazoo) up for sale for redevelopment.

Seems to me this is just another way to take away from potential retailers moving into the core (assuming retail is put up on this property), but I guess in these days of perpetual budget crises, the City needs to find ways to bring money into the coffers.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GR Press noted that the City is planning on putting the Indian Trails Golf Course (28th and Kalamazoo) up for sale for redevelopment.

Seems to me this is just another way to take away from potential retailers moving into the core (assuming retail is put up on this property), but I guess in these days of perpetual budget crises, the City needs to find ways to bring money into the coffers.

Whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy??? That course is always busy. It's not the finest course in GR, but it's close and rather inexpensive. I hope interested parties will keep it a golf course...maybe jazz it up a bit??

Whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy??? That course is always busy. It's not the finest course in GR, but it's close and rather inexpensive. I hope interested parties will keep it a golf course...maybe jazz it up a bit??

Actually I have been told by a VERY reliable source that Meijer has been in negotiations with the City for quite a while. One of the issues supposedly holding it up is that the City was trying to buy the Mines Golf Course, but was bumping into some problems. If the City has in fact listed it, they may have either given up on the Mines idea, or they may have gotten close to a resolution. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.

Actually I have been told by a VERY reliable source that Meijer has been in negotiations with the City for quite a while. One of the issues supposedly holding it up is that the City was trying to buy the Mines Golf Course, but was bumping into some problems. If the City has in fact listed it, they may have either given up on the Mines idea, or they may have gotten close to a resolution. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.

In the golf community, the mines sucks - it's cheesy, the layout isnt conducive to fast rounds of golf (slow play= horrible reputation.)

It'll be hard to make that place consistantly profitable, especially without selling land for home sites around there.

The other dirty secret in the golf course world is, you can't build a golf course now, and expect to make money, unless:

1. You sell land for home sites

2. You sell land for home sites

3. You sell land for home sites

If the Mines was made muni, the city could charge less for it, maintain it like a muni, and probably make a few bucks off it, certainly not as much as it'd make for selling it's current land.

My prediction of Indian Trails "Crossings" Meijer anchored power Strip-O-Rama

Meijer (Orange) would be situated to the east end of the golf course Next will be Lowe's/Home Depote and the strip mall following the contour of the back property line. Up fount are your Johny O'Chillie/Bees as GRDad affectionately calls them and other outloters. Of Course we can't forget all that lovely asphalt. So in short we will be trading off Husband's tee off time for Soccor Mom's shopping blitz.

indiantrailscrossingjg7.jpg

No way, if they put a Meijer on that site, it'll go as close to the Kalamazoo corner as possible and not down in that hole on the east.

Thats a really difficult site to plan because of the significant grade changes in relation to 28th. Unless you go "tabula rasa" and infill like crazy.

Archived