New rendering of proposed tower in Salt Lake City.

Sean Reynolds

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just registered--this is my first post. Just wanted to let you know that construction is finally slated to start on this project by April--they're vacating people from some little temporary retail shops and expect that the Hamilton Partners Building should be finished by end of 2007. Still 22 stories, and I still don't know what the heck that funky antenna is supposed to be.

I worked on Main Street in SLC for seven years--love downtown SLC, but I'll love it more with some more stories. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New article about the Hamilton Partners Tower:

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,645192388,00.html

The builder of a skyscraper on Main Street has asked the Salt Lake City Redevelopment Agency for $5 million.

Hamilton PartnersArtist rendering of 21-story office tower planned for 222 S. Main. The builder wants financial help. Hamilton Partners, which plans to build a 21-story office building at 222 S. Main, wants the money to contribute to a public parking garage behind the building and to improve some public walkways in and around the block.

Downtown office space has been scarce as companies relocate in anticipation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints renovating the malls.

"I do think that it would be advantageous to have another class A office space," said Carlton Christensen, the RDA board chairman. Christensen also noted that most skyscrapers downtown have had public money assistance, with the exceptions being buildings by the church.

The RDA would loan $1.7 million for a parking structure with at least 75 public stalls. Another $3.3 million would be spread between a mid-block walkway from Main Street west, north-south access from 200 South to 300 South through the block, and "public infrastructure" improvements on Main Street and within the project's boundaries, said the proposal from Hamilton Partners to the RDA.

Hamilton Partners had plans to start construction this fall and wanted a speedy resolution to the proposed loan from the RDA, said Valda Tarbet, the RDA's deputy director.

Christensen said the RDA board, which is different in name only from the City Council, would "give it our best shot."

In other business, the RDA board extended Ballet West's lease on land in Sugar House by 12 months while the dance company waits for the outcome of negotiations on land downtown. Ballet West wants to build extra studio, office and storage space, and would prefer to build downtown if Salt Lake County can successfully purchase the land directly west of Capitol Theatre.

New article about the Hamilton Partners Tower:

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,645192388,00.html

The builder of a skyscraper on Main Street has asked the Salt Lake City Redevelopment Agency for $5 million.

Hamilton PartnersArtist rendering of 21-story office tower planned for 222 S. Main. The builder wants financial help. Hamilton Partners, which plans to build a 21-story office building at 222 S. Main, wants the money to contribute to a public parking garage behind the building and to improve some public walkways in and around the block.

Downtown office space has been scarce as companies relocate in anticipation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints renovating the malls.

"I do think that it would be advantageous to have another class A office space," said Carlton Christensen, the RDA board chairman. Christensen also noted that most skyscrapers downtown have had public money assistance, with the exceptions being buildings by the church.

The RDA would loan $1.7 million for a parking structure with at least 75 public stalls. Another $3.3 million would be spread between a mid-block walkway from Main Street west, north-south access from 200 South to 300 South through the block, and "public infrastructure" improvements on Main Street and within the project's boundaries, said the proposal from Hamilton Partners to the RDA.

Hamilton Partners had plans to start construction this fall and wanted a speedy resolution to the proposed loan from the RDA, said Valda Tarbet, the RDA's deputy director.

Christensen said the RDA board, which is different in name only from the City Council, would "give it our best shot."

In other business, the RDA board extended Ballet West's lease on land in Sugar House by 12 months while the dance company waits for the outcome of negotiations on land downtown. Ballet West wants to build extra studio, office and storage space, and would prefer to build downtown if Salt Lake County can successfully purchase the land directly west of Capitol Theatre.

What would you expect the price per square foot of office space here to go for?

Also, have you got any news about the renovation of the Walker Center? I have a colleague who has some space there and he has heard that they are going to spend megabucks to try to make that building competitive once again.

Archived