Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats an awesome pic ezcheese! Are you an architecture or design student?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, but I am very interested in architecture. I thought about applying to the architecture school at uncc, but I am not sure I want to actually be an architect. I am more interested in real estate investing and development. I moved to charlotte last year from greensboro in order to go to school. I am getting my general education requirements out of the way at cpcc right now. I'm what you might call a "late bloomer" as far as figuring out exactly what I want to do. I worked for 8 years in Burlington doing quality control and mastering for a multimedia plant before realizing that I was going nowhere fast.

Anyway, I really like Charlotte and I love real estate. Not long after I moved here, I took the walking tour from http://www.cmhpf.org/ through Myers Park. It was really enjoyable! Well, looks like I've said enough for now! Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the forums. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure, I got in for free. :D

I think it's $7, but I could be wrong.

If you do go, check out the Maybach. It's the resurrected high-end name mercedes is using to battle the new rolls royce and bently. Price = over $300,000. :blink:

Also, the new Acura RL is a really nice car.

i didn't see the maybach. I was drooling over the RL, too.

They also made a major show out of the new lexus hybrid 400h. I'm not yet in the suv time of life... but it was a pretty sweet car.

My favorite part: I got to take the trolley there... it is fun to hear them annouce all about uptown charlotte and have the kids and visitors say "COOOOL" (ie. new arena, new childrens theater, the chimes of 7th street station, the hearst trading floor, etc.)

Its probably a little late to mention it now, but you can always get $2 off by getting a discount coupon from the paper or any car dealer.

:angry: I went and took my Mom and brother, could have saved $6 in all! Oh well.

I think it's $7, but I could be wrong.

Also, the new Acura RL is a really nice car.

Yeah, it was $7 a pop. It was a good show, needed more concepts though. I love concepts! RL is a really nice car...so is the TL! :ph34r::D

:angry:  I went and took my Mom and brother, could have saved $6 in all!  Oh well. 

Yeah, it was $7 a pop.  It was a good show, needed more concepts though.  I love concepts!  RL is a really nice car...so is the TL!  :ph34r:  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the new TL has been my dream car since it was released. The new RL is really awesome if you have more money to spend. As it is, the TL is a really good deal for the amount of car you get. If I needed a new car I would buy a new TL in a heartbeat.

• 10 months later...

Could it be Emerald City? No it is Charlotte's Skyline as seen from Grandfather's Mountain 100 miles away.charlotte.jpg

hat guy had one heck of a telescopic lens. I have that on a post card
More impressive than the lens is how clear the sky had to be for that picture to come out! 100 years ago, those 100 mile vistas may have been commonplace, but with pollution problems these days, that's gotta be a once-in-a-decade sort of deal!

And while it's certainly more than 100 miles from Charlote by car, it's about 82 miles from Grandfather to Charlotte as the crow flies.

Don't mean to bring up some really old thread being this is my first post on the board, but I came across this and thought I'd share my knowledge of this occuring.

Thruth is, its actually quite easy to make out the Charlotte skyline from the top of Grandfather Mountain. Only a few things need to be in order for you to see it. The best time for viewing is just after a coldfront has passed over the whole area. This allows for the air to be clean and clear, removing all the haze and smog. Early morning is also a great opportunity since there is much less haze and smog visible in the air during early morning hours as compared to afternoon through early evening. The time of year also has a lot to do with it. Obviously in summer months its going to be much harder because of the amount of haze, so therefore the cooler months will make visibility much easier.

This photo was probably taken with some sort of lens on the camera, however given the right atmospheric conditions, it can be made out with the naked eye or with binoculars. One of my dad's longtime friends lives up in Blowing Rock and he's seen it plenty of times. He's actually the one who told me about this actual photo and showed it to me during his last visit here to Raleigh, as well as the one who has told me about the specific times when viewing the Charlotte skyline from the top of Grandfather Mountain are the best. Definitely worth checking out sometime if you're in the mountains at the right time!

• 2 months later...

I'm enjoying the great pics, and want to give my thanks to all the nice people that have posted. People thousands of miles away, like me, can keep up with our beloved Charlotte's delightful evolution:)

I recently found this page, that I highly recommend to truly see Uptown Charlotte's density. It's a set of ariel photos. Photo #3 on this page really captures Uptown's tight fit:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7119

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the new TL has been my dream car since it was released. The new RL is really awesome if you have more money to spend. As it is, the TL is a really good deal for the amount of car you get. If I needed a new car I would buy a new TL in a heartbeat.

My fiance has a newish TL. I like driving it. Pretty soon it shall be mine too. MUA HA HA HA HA HA [/evil grin]

210 trade won't be visible from that angle really, I mean it will, but the buildings that'll make the most difference in that view, are Wachovia, trademark, and the Vue, and maybe 615 East Morehea, not sure about that one it should be somewhat visible. there'll definately be a great view from that angle tho

My favorite skyline angle is on Park Rd ontop of a hill. I think it is around Woodlawn.

Coming north approaching Tyvola? Yeah, that is a great shot, unfortunetly you have to stand in the middle of the street to get a good shot. Trees block it if your on the sides.

Archived