Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

Coming north approaching Tyvola? Yeah, that is a great shot, unfortunetly you have to stand in the middle of the street to get a good shot. Trees block it if your on the sides.

You can get a great shot heading north on Randolph at the intersection of Randolph and Wendover.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get a great shot heading north on Randolph at the intersection of Randolph and Wendover.

i concur, one of the best shots of the city... makes charlotte seem twice as large. if all the utility lines weren't there it would be even nicer.

What did you think of taking the train there?

Well, I was lucky. I took a private train car. A friend chartered it for his wife's 35th birthday and invited 25 of us to travel to DC and have dinner, spend the night, and come back home the next day. The JP Henderson has a fireplace, a bar, and chef and server. Breakfast made to order and filet mignon for lunch. They hook the car to the back of Amtrak, so the ride can be a little rough (just like if you ride in the back of a roller coaster train). Overall though, a pretty fun time.

chr.gif

Thanks for the welcome guys, its a great time to be in Charlotte :D

Also, I am the editor that keeps Charlotte up-to-date on Skyscrapers.com so let me know if anything else needs to be added in the future!

Really, as in Emporis.com? Are you the editor of any other cities as well? I was going to say add Berkman, 615 E. Morehead, and the new Aloft hotel but I guess you just added those :)

Here's one I took before the Super Bowl last sunday from Hamilton Street

98849356_dcfb83d5c5_o.jpg

And just for fun, one of Gastonia from last month!

84829469_2c2659480c_o.jpg

Love those pics. I've been waiting for someone to post a shot of the skyline from that angle. Thats kinda of the way I see the city when ever I pass threw. Another good view would be around the 77/85 interchange. Merging onto 77 from south 85 gives a really good view. As for Gastonia, thats the first skyline pic I've seen of it. Looks really nice, but whats with the railroad? Looks like High Point with the trench.

Archived