Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everibody...Yes I know, I really don't come a lot in this forum (I'm wondering if somebody remembers me, perhaps not...)...Well, in fact I'm still coming, at least once per week, read some things (Wow, there are a some good new projects in Charlotte...I'll have to go take a look to this city within some years!), but I don't post anything! Well, if I post today, it's for a question, about a skyline shot.

This skyline shot : http://www.deviantart.com/view/11587996/ (sorry, I don't know how to put a foto in the forum...)

It was taken from a cemetary near gateway village. I remember me and my father passed near it one day, and another day we finally decided to go and take a walk around it. Well, this cemetary was huge, and I really found it amazing, and the view of the skyline is just incredible (at night it must be gorgeous, but sadly this cemetary is closed at night)! I was really surprised I never seen a skyline shot of Charlotte from this place (or if I saw one, I just forgot it...), because I think the view is really good, and the place is nice (however, there wasn't a lot of people this day, in this cemetary). Why did I never see shot of this cemetary and of the skyline in any forum? And I don't know the name of this cemetary too : we had a map of downtown Charlotte, a recent one, with the name of all the important places or park...And where this cemetay must be, there was nothing, I was really surprised. I would really like to know the name of this place, if someone knows.

Those are certainly late questions, but well...I ak them now! Can anibody answer me, please? :blush:

I noticed no one answered this and I don't know that you're still around to read the answer, but that's got to be Settler's Cemetary I'm sure. Pretty good for a Canuck, hey guys? :silly:

Actually, it isn't Settler's :). It is Elmwood. Those are traintracks and the back of the Post building in the foreground. Also, Settlers Cemetary is much more dense.

By the way, what is with all the bringing back of super old posts by different people? :). Did you guys just go back to the beginning to reread it all?

Actually, it isn't Settler's :). It is Elmwood. Those are traintracks and the back of the Post building in the foreground. Also, Settlers Cemetary is much more dense.

By the way, what is with all the bringing back of super old posts by different people? :). Did you guys just go back to the beginning to reread it all?

LOL - did some searching for a few things and dug a couple up...

Unfortunately I was wrong about the cemetary but at least I was somewhat close.... :P

I love the green BoA!

Yeah, Im still getting used to all the different lighting and picture settings on my camera. It may have been set to flourescent or something like that, that made the lights appear green.

Does anyone know why my pics are so small. The resolution on my camera has been set to 1600/1200 or 1024/768 but when I post they come out real small. I looked at the settings in photobucket but didn't see anything. Is it photobucket that is shrinking them or UP?

I haven't been to Charlotte in so long, and my memories of locales is weakening:)

Does the Presto Grille still exist? I am wondering where is Gateway Village in relation to the old Presto. In the early 1970s the Presto was a fun place to go after Oleen's closed!

The old Presto building is gone but they are still in business at a new building at Trade and Graham on the same block as the fed court. The old Presto site will be part of the new train station. Gateway village is between the rail bridge and 77.

Just some pics I took Saturday afternoon

PICT0285.jpg From Central Ave Bridge

PICT0286.jpg Corner of Trade & Tryon

PICT0295.jpg Epicentre construction

PICT0287.jpg Bobcats Arena

PICT0288.jpg

PICT0297.jpg

I like the Disney feel lol....

PICT0298.jpg

PICT0290.jpg

PICT0293.jpg

this is one of my favorites

PICT0289.jpg

Courtside Apartments, named because of close proximity to the court!

Archived