post-1742-1142444681_thumb.jpg

From McDowell

post-1742-1142444777_thumb.jpg

From gatway village, going into town

post-1742-1142444992_thumb.jpg

OCC, yea these pictures are old, I know

post-1742-1142445083_thumb.jpg

stuff... haha

I'm searching for a few more pix, these are all from years past, as you can see from the city view towers being built, I think I put that on ein there.... whatever, ummm but yea, I have pix from the roof of the westin when it was being built because my dads company built the westin, and I had the opportunity to go in there when it was being built, so I have pix from the 13 floor, the 17th floor and the roof, pretty amazing being up there when it was being built, (construction elevators are scary and shaky oof

post-1742-1142444561_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1142444619_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1142444681_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1142444777_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1142444992_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1142445083_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. Those are incredible!

You must have gotten a tripod. My nightshots are always fuzzy.

I can't wait see more :).

By any chance, did you see the new Imaginon sign over their front entrance? When I walked by the other day, they had it lit. I still don't like that they didn't use colored lights for imaginon. The bright white lights hide all that color on the building at night, rather than accentuate it.

Third Ward Park is going to be a nice spot at dusk, I think. It'll have one of those backdrops that'll make people stop pushing their grocery carts for a moment, look up and smile.

Excellent photos, D&B.

That is a really tall tree in #3 :).

The skyline angle on the first one will really be impacted by the new buildings [hopefully] going up. Twelve, Berkman, 210 Trade, Vue and Wachovia will all be visible in a big way.

oh wow jettanout, what do you shoot (CAMERA-wise), aka these are absolutely gorgeous photos, the colors are incredible

Thanks for the compliment. I use a Canon Rebel Digital 300 D with an 18-55 mm lens, no filters. I'm still learning so feel free to check out my other pictures here (http://www.pbase.com/jettanout). Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

just learning my ass, if you are just learning you have some serious talent, I am minoring in photography (mostly commercial to go with my advertising major), and you have some great work, I love it. You have a great eye for design, I'd post pictures but I don't have very much artistic stuff from charlotte, because I live most of the year in savannah now, but yea blah, i love your work.

Archived