Would this work in Nashville

smeagolsfree

I ran across this company while looking at another thread on another board. Do you think this would do well in the Nashville market? I am no demographics expert but I would think they would do good as there are no family oriented tourist attractions in the area and no real competition for the locals either. They are opening a location in Charlotte.

http://www.greatwolf.com/

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ran across this company while looking at another thread on another board. Do you think this would do well in the Nashville market? I am no demographics expert but I would think they would do good as there are no family oriented tourist attractions in the area and no real competition for the locals either. They are opening a location in Charlotte.

http://www.greatwolf.com/

There is one here in the Hampton Roads area out towards colonial Williamsburg. I have not stayed there but my cousin and her family went there and they loved it. She did say it was a little pricey but none the less worth it. I think that something like this would do well in the Nashville area but keep in mind that we have to see what Gaylord has up their sleeve for the land across from the Opryland Hotel.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the concept of an indoor waterpark? Isn't the point to be able to get out on a beautiful hot sunny day and cool off? I mean it's not like we're in Calgary or something where one might make sense. One can go to a water park in Nashville for most of the year and still be somewhat comfortable.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the concept of an indoor waterpark? Isn't the point to be able to get out on a beautiful hot sunny day and cool off? I mean it's not like we're in Calgary or something where one might make sense. One can go to a water park in Nashville for most of the year and still be somewhat comfortable.

Unfortunately Nashville is not one of their target markets at this time. That is a quote from Great Wolf as I contacted them. I think something like this would work great here.

Someone will realize what the target market in this area is and go for it.

Personally, during the months from about April through September, I would choose the outdoor park over the indoor park. During the other months, I don't even know if I would be in the mood to go to a water park. That just seems weird. I can't imagine trying to leave the place all wet and cold.

Archived