What to do in Chattanooga?

I'm working in downtown Chattanooga for a month, and I am looking for some advice about how to enjoy your city. I plan on doing some of the typical tourist things (Lookout Mountain and the Hunter museum), but what are some of the cool off-the-beaten path things to do that will really let me get to know your city? What are some good local restaurants (I hate chains) and bars? I'm in my twenties and single, so I'd like to get a taste of the nightlife here.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm working in downtown Chattanooga for a month, and I am looking for some advice about how to enjoy your city. I plan on doing some of the typical tourist things (Lookout Mountain and the Hunter museum), but what are some of the cool off-the-beaten path things to do that will really let me get to know your city? What are some good local restaurants (I hate chains) and bars? I'm in my twenties and single, so I'd like to get a taste of the nightlife here.

The Riverbend Festival is great. I highly recommend it. They are expecting 650,000 to attend this year.

Riverbend 2006 ended last night with another huge crowd of nearly 100,000. That was the most successful Riverbend Festival in it's 26 year history. The Allman Brothers Band headlined the final night that was capped off by as awesome fireworks display. Here's some pictures from last year's Riverbend Festival. Enjoy!

P6121145.jpg

P6121156.jpg

P6121158.jpg

P6121161.jpg

P6121163.jpg

P6151195.jpg

P6151203.jpg

P6171218.jpg

P6171220.jpg

P6171226.jpg

P6171227.jpg

P6171236.jpg