Riverwalk

Veloise

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I experienced the riverwalk for the first time yesterday and it really is phenominal. Rivard Plaza really is a cool public space and even though im not the biggest fan of the carousel they did a nice job incorporating it into the plaza. The only sketchy area is really between Rivard and the Talon Center. They really havent begun to tackle that yet and I can only assume its due to the residential developments that are planned along that stretch. It was a nice afternoon/evening and everyone along the river was in a friendly talkative mood it seemed. I cant wait for further development in terms of the residential components as well as Tri-Centenial Park being completed.

Definitely check it out but go prepared. Im at the gym at least 6 times a week and after walking the entire thing I felt really really out of shape.

I've been just a little confused as to the significance of bringing back a boat in a less-than-spectacular condition? I have to be missing something, here, because the media has been nearly reporting this as the centerpiece of the whole festival, and IMO, seeing it in the shape it's in is a bit insulting. I guess I really must be missing something. Is it currently being renovate, or soon to be fully renovated?

I forgot about Diamond Jack's. They must be busy as heck. I forget how this is going to boost the businesses of those that have relied on the river before the river became cool. Speaking of Diamond Jack's, I can't wait to get the Porth Authority dock and terminal opened.

I've been just a little confused as to the significance of bringing back a boat in a less-than-spectacular condition? I have to be missing something, here, because the media has been nearly reporting this as the centerpiece of the whole festival, and IMO, seeing it in the shape it's in is a bit insulting. I guess I really must be missing something. Is it currently being renovate, or soon to be fully renovated?

Oh, I was hardly trying to belittle memories, I would have had to have taken one of the two boats down to Boblo before it closed to the public, but you're getting at what I was wondering, and that's if there are any real current plans to renovate it and if that's why they dragged it out? Otherwise, it just seemed like an odd thing to bring out at such a celebratory event.

I was down there tonight. Absolutely packed and beautiful! I started off at GM Plaza. Walked down to the end to Hart Plaza. Walked all the way down past the Globe Trading Co. Building to the State Park and Boblo Boat. Walked back to the RenCen and took the PM to Greektown. Ate at Pegasus. Took the PM back to the RenCen and walked through the Wintergarden and then listened to a little music and left. Just got home.

PICS009.jpg

PICS027.jpg

PICS046.jpg

PICS054.jpg

PICS066.jpg

PICS017.jpg

PICS094.jpg

i also went down there 2nite it was alot of fun but it was jammed pack but WORTH IT. It was great i saw lots of cars with out of state license plates which is always a good sign especially in the city=) Can't wait for the frieworks!does anyone know a good time to head down before the fireworks?

Thanks to a 7 car accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike yesterday I arrived home several hours later than expected, but decided to take Jefferson over to my place to see what kind of crowds were still around...at 11:45PM there was gridlock on Jefferson from Cobo all the way to Chene. I can sacrifice getting home for a great party like Detroit is putting on this weekend.

Archived