Reviews of the 275 Fulton Place design

GRDadof3

What do you think of the 275 Fulton Place designs?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the 275 Fulton Place design

• 1.0 - I think it's just awful and not right for that spot and/or GR
    • 2.5 - I wish it was something else, or designed differently
    • 5.0 - I can live with it
    • 7.5 - I think it looks pretty good, but I would tweak a few things
    • 10.0 - I think it's sophisticated, well thought out and the best project so far for downtown
    • Other

So now that 275 Fulton got TIF financing, and the issue with the SBT being "resolved", what are the other major obstacles to this being built? Is it just a matter of time or are the tenants still hemming and hawing? Does anybody have the inside scoop on "what happens next"?

Thanks!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to post these when I made them, but I tweaked the ground floor on the river side and added a restaurant. The downside would be parking for the restaurant (plus the dozen or so lost spaces in the ramp), unless they strictly did valet parking. Access would be right off the main atrium, with a patio on the riverwalk side. I do admit it does look more interesting.

852173203_e8ebb18ea0_b.jpg

852173257_5a13a22403_o.jpg

I forgot to post these when I made them, but I tweaked the ground floor on the river side and added a restaurant. The downside would be parking for the restaurant (plus the dozen or so lost spaces in the ramp), unless they strictly did valet parking. Access would be right off the main atrium, with a patio on the riverwalk side. I do admit it does look more interesting.

Another major concern of restaurant tenant spaces is the required ventilation for things like deep fryers, cook tops and ovens. Routing that stuff up a couple of levels to vent is a major cost. We've had to add 'bump outs' to projects purely to have clear space above the kitchens for tenants and this site specifically doesn't have much of an option for that...

I do agree though, a river-side restaurant right there would be nice...

It certainly would be nice. However, one other issue with replacing part of a parking ramp with a restaurant is that parking ramp floor to floor heights are signifigantly lower than space needed for comercial ceiling heights and mechanicals. So such a design would not only affect the ground floor parking but also cut into the second level of parking. Not that it wouldn't be possible, but the entire parking arrangement would probably have to reworked.

Archived