New license plates

krazeeboi

Well, it's that time again. Here are the three designs, with the one getting the most votes becoming the next official plate (you can vote here):

portal_mattkamnnwithnumbers.jpg

portal_tomcrosbywithnumbers.jpg

portal_karennelsonwithnumbers.jpg

Although none of them really jump out at me, I'm inclined to go with the third design. The first two look too much like what we have already, and I wouldn't be surprised if a Clemson student or alumnus designed the first one. :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it's that time again. Here are the three designs, with the one getting the most votes becoming the next official plate (you can vote here):

portal_tomcrosbywithnumbers.jpg

portal_karennelsonwithnumbers.jpg

Although none of them really jump out at me, I'm inclined to go with the third design. The first two look too much like what we have already, and I wouldn't be surprised if a Clemson student or alumnus designed the first one. :)

Seriously? This is the best that they can come up with? I don't care for any of them. The first one is ok, but it looks too much like a lot of other state's tags. The second one looks like someone vomited on the one we currently have. I'm inclined to vote for the third just becuase its different from the current one and its unique.

Seriously? This is the best that they can come up with? I don't care for any of them. The first one is ok, but it looks too much like a lot of other state's tags. The second one looks like someone vomited on the one we currently have. I'm inclined to vote for the third just becuase its different from the current one and its unique.

I really don't see whats wrong with the one we currently have, I mean NC hasn't changed their First In Flight tags in years. The first one is ok not the best in the world, kinda looks like a Western States tag. Second one is kinda like the one we have now, I like the cool colors on that one, and this last one is just so freaking plane till its not funny, its not even the real palmetto tree for goodness sakes. My vote is for tag number four the USC licence plate I am going to get. :shades: But if i have to punish the other citizens of South Carolina then I guess tag number two is the best of that batch of crap.

I would choose the first one, simply because it resembles Clemson colors. :)

The second one is an interesting concept with the mountains-to-beach theme, but the colors aren't very good.

The third one looks unfinished to me. It is way too bland.

I honestly do not mind our current plate. It is a HUGE improvement over the previous design with the yellow wren on them. Those were horrendous in my opinion.

out of those, I think the first one looks the best, but too much like Clemson's colors. Any color other than orange would've made it a winner. I guess I'll go with #3, just because #2 is so ugly.

I think it'd look good to have, a solid navy blue plate with white letters, and a white palmetto & crescent offset to the left like #3. Something that looks exactly like the flag. But these options are not impressive.

I responded to this in the Greenville off topic thread, but will paste my thoughts here as well:

I'm afraid this one appears incomplete to me. I like the concept, but imagine how nice adding a few faded "Blue Ridge" mountains in the background and a shimmering Atlantic Ocean in the lower foreground would appear. One other detail I dislike in this design is the silhouette of a crescent moon. It should shine brightly in the dusk sky. If these additions were completed, I would definitely prefer this plate design. Right now, I think I prefer #3, but it is not too creative either. Who has been in charge of selection for final public approval? They should be kicked out of the state.

Yawn. These choices are about as exciting as watching ice cubes melt in Alaska.

I am tiring of the palmetto tree--sorry folks. It's been done to death. We need to have something completely different on our license plate for once, and stop pimping emblems from our distinguished, understated flag. Aren't we more than just palmetto trees, which aren't even unique to us? I believe so.

Who designs these things anyway? We need to send out a mob . . .

The one with the sunset makes me think "the sun is setting on South Carolina," but as far as the palmetto tree goes - after all, this is the Palmetto State and we are talking about a license plate. I just wish they would start putting the names of the counties on them like lots of other states do.

I agree about County names if we're not going to have a saying on there like "smiling faces, beautiful places". Maybe that could help the bland-ness of all of the tags.

I agree with whoever mentioned it, that the first tag looks like a western state's.

I'd definitely say that we keep the one we have now, if that were a choice.

The third one needs something else to spruce it up, but the simplicity of it kind of appeals to me. Maybe if the lettering were navy blue as well? I dunno.

And I actually didn't mind the one with the state bird and flower on it.

How about one that incorporates the Statehouse dome? That would be different.

I disagree with that first comment. I don't want to be like NC, who has had the same tag since forever. I want to see some change here. I'm not passionate enough about any of these to advocate one over the other though. Plus, I have NC plates now anyway. They just changed them for the first time to have red letters instead of blue. Not sure why, but thats what they did.

I voted for the second one b/c it looks almost like the one we currently have (which wasn't changed all that long ago if I remember correctly).

All of the designs are way too bland but the second one stands out the most IMO.

If the state couldn't come up with better designs than the ones proposed they should've just left the plates as is.

I'M KEEPING MINE -_-

Archived