New license plates

krazeeboi

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

While our new plate selections aren't great, SC's state highways will be getting new signage. Instead of the black and white signs we now, the new signs will be blue and white and feature the state outline with a palmetto tree inside.

Check them out here I like them :thumbsup:

I really like this new design, but I would love to know exactly how much money this will take and where it is coming from. I ask this because it would seem a better investment to actually fix our crappy roads and then save a bit for regular maintanence. We may have beautiful signs, but drivers will not really be able to enjoy them because they'll be trying to avoid the cracks and potholes.

I really like this new design, but I would love to know exactly how much money this will take and where it is coming from. I ask this because it would seem a better investment to actually fix our crappy roads and then save a bit for regular maintanence. We may have beautiful signs, but drivers will not really be able to enjoy them because they'll be trying to avoid the cracks and potholes.

I don't like the current plate. First of all, the tree on the plate is a date palm, not a palmetto (kind of like the time the geniuses in Cola put the wrong bird on the plate a couple of years back--it wasn't a Carolina Wren), but most importantly (and speaking only for myself as a South Carolinian), the slogan has to go. While there are plenty of "beautiful places" in my home state, I resent the pressure to always have a "smiling face(s)". :)

I don't like the current plate. First of all, the tree on the plate is a date palm, not a palmetto (kind of like the time the geniuses in Cola put the wrong bird on the plate a couple of years back--it wasn't a Carolina Wren), but most importantly (and speaking only for myself as a South Carolinian), the slogan has to go. While there are plenty of "beautiful places" in my home state, I resent the pressure to always have a "smiling face(s)". :)

While the wrong palm tree is represented on our plates, I still think it's aesthetically pleasing, and one of the best in the South in that regard.

Just about all of the complaints we're making about our own tag, slogan, etc. here can be made for other states. Georgia is the Peach State and has the fruit represented on its plate, but SC produces much more peaches than Georgia. NC's tag hasn't changed since I was born and "First in Flight" is so old. Virginia's plate is as bland as bland can be. I don't get the "Stars fell on Dixie" slogan on Alabama's plates. And on and on and on.

And for the love of God, they're just license plates! :)

• 1 month later...
While the wrong palm tree is represented on our plates, I still think it's aesthetically pleasing, and one of the best in the South in that regard.

Just about all of the complaints we're making about our own tag, slogan, etc. here can be made for other states. Georgia is the Peach State and has the fruit represented on its plate, but SC produces much more peaches than Georgia. NC's tag hasn't changed since I was born and "First in Flight" is so old. Virginia's plate is as bland as bland can be. I don't get the "Stars fell on Dixie" slogan on Alabama's plates. And on and on and on.

The only problem with a plate with a solid blue background with white letters is that it would look like we were copying Georgia. At least they put the state seal in the middle of the plate; otherwise, it would look just plain awful.

98602139.jpg

And for the love of God, they're just license plates! :)

Archived