Hotel Sierra

atlrvr

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Maybe the City should have temporarily reduced Trade Street to just one lane westbound to provide the temporary space for pedestrians.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that space is being used for construction access and staging, such as the concrete truck in the below picture (see next post). But I swore The Park had used a lane of Caldwell as its temporary sidewalk, albeit a lane on then one-way Caldwell. Maybe The Park will do the same, though now that would mean one of the two new southbound lanes on two-way Caldwell.

• 3 weeks later...

UNCC will add depth. Hotel Sierra will not.

It is probably on its 4th or 5th floor by now. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more play considering it is the only thing going up these days.

As of yesterday, the hotel was up to 3 floors and starting on the 4th.

UNCC was up to 5 levels of steel when I drove by on Sunday.

So they're building the floor of the 5th floor, so we're more than 1/4 of the way up. There are 2 more floors till they are done with the parking deck floors. I'm not sure if that means they'll go any faster, but seems possible.

wow, this building is turning out to have much more presence that I had imagined! Its actually quite massive!

• 1 month later...

Halfway up or so. It is hard to say much about this project, but it is really making an impact there. I just hope the land across the street that used to be day care will become something so that they this area can have a more developed feeling to it.

It was hard to imagine a building this size on this lot when it was initially proposed, which is why some people thought it was going to be a "pencil" tower. But it has pretty average bulk to it.

You're right. I guess we've gotten used to projects taking up and entire city block. For may American cities, this is probably an average footprint. For a Japanese city, this is probably a huge building footprint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Taken 5/16:

4617505279_6940423d8c.jpg

4618121102_c382e289d2.jpg

Since the most recent article I read about this building called it 18 stories, I suspect we have 4 more floors plus a decorative extension left, building looks to be starting to have quite a presence.

Archived