Hotel Sierra

atlrvr

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As of yesterday, the sidewalk in front of the Hotel Sierra is open again. I have to give props to the designers- the street frontage turned out to be aesthetically pleasing. Even the giant garage entrance is acceptable. The only thing I don't understand is the mini-bollards. If you get a chance, go by there and check it out. They are weird.

• 4 months later...

Booooo.....not that I don't like Summerfield Suites, but I really thought Hotel Sierra was something kind of special, from the service to the decor. I really like Hotel Sierra. Seems like more of a boutique hotel eventhough it is a chain. Hopefully they won't change too much.

And yeah, seriously...where is the full service Hyatt???

Booooo.....not that I don't like Summerfield Suites, but I really thought Hotel Sierra was something kind of special, from the service to the decor. I really like Hotel Sierra. Seems like more of a boutique hotel eventhough it is a chain. Hopefully they won't change too much.

And yeah, seriously...where is the full service Hyatt???

Yea, I agree... Hotel Sierra seemed very boutique to me as well despite being a chain. It will lose some of its appeal by becoming a Summerfield Suites. Hopefully they at least keep the amenities and don't change it around much other than signage.

Yea, I agree... Hotel Sierra seemed very boutique to me as well despite being a chain. It will lose some of its appeal by becoming a Summerfield Suites. Hopefully they at least keep the amenities and don't change it around much other than signage.

^Agreed. On the 7th(?) floor pool/function level, they had this really cool piece of artwork naming a lot of the Charlotte neighborhoods. It was a nice touch for the hotel guests I bet. I hope that doesn't get taken down for some horrible standard corporate-art piece.

^Agreed. On the 7th(?) floor pool/function level, they had this really cool piece of artwork naming a lot of the Charlotte neighborhoods. It was a nice touch for the hotel guests I bet. I hope that doesn't get taken down for some horrible standard corporate-art piece.

Also, there is Charlotte-themed artwork in every hotel room. Very cool - I too hope it stays.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So apparently Hyatt House is a residental type hotel? For Me I see Hyatt House and it just sounds very cheesy as compared to Hotel Sierra, which sounds to me like a very upscale hotel. Does anyone know if the service has changed since the rebranding? After looking at other Hotel Sierra's on google and the hotel information page. The Charlotte city center one seemed very upscale. Wonder why? What sounds more prestigious Hotel Sierra or Hyatt House......

Nothing's changed inside since it was Hotel Sierra. Same staff, same service, etc. In fact, Hyatt House adopted some of Hotel Sierra's features to apply across their entire brand. One being the H bar - full hot breakfast buffet in the morning (and a very good breakfast at that!) and a full bar with liquor/wine/drafts/bottled beer and small plates. It's really a great place - nice atmosphere throughout the hotel, amazing rooms with Charlotte-themed art, nice pool area, etc. It's where I always direct people coming in from out of town, and where we just had a user meeting for our company last month. The Charlotte uptown location is probably a step (or two) above other Hyatt Houses, like the suburban one at Woodlawn & Tryon.

I agree Hotel Sierra was a better name, though.

Archived