Hotel Sierra

atlrvr

• 1 month later...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Happy to hear today that this project is back online with construction to begin next month!!

Could this be a sign that the recession is coming closer to an end?

To the Novare Group......bring on TWELVE! Or at least give us a kewl rendering we can oooh and ahhh

about!

People keep calling this hotel the Sierra Hotel, but to my knowledge it is Hotel Sierra. I could be wrong, but there is no record online of ten Sierra Hotels, but there are 10 Hotel Sierras. Great to hear that we will get some more density going down trade, here's to hoping they put a good restaurant/hotel bar (no steaks allowed) on the bottom floor. Here is the website so you can see what we are getting. http://www.hotel-sierra.com/

I am glad to see this project come back to life and it will be a nice in fill development. In the future they will be the closest hotel to the Federal Courthouse and most of the Govt District which I think will bode well for them.

I second that... The arena will be surrounded by infill before too much longer.

Happy to hear today that this project is back online with construction to begin next month!!

Could this be a sign that the recession is coming closer to an end?

To the Novare Group......bring on TWELVE! Or at least give us a kewl rendering we can oooh and ahhh

about!

Where did you hear about this? Just curious.

No longer on top of the TWC....100% of the structure will be within the footprint of the existing grassy patch.

TWELVE is for the most part dead.....while it, or some variation may eventually happen at the site, Novare isn't considering moving forward with the existing plan.

Almost all of the current locations on this website appear to be suburban. Is Charlotte their first urban location? If so, this might not be a good thing.

It is one of the first Urban locations, meaning that it and Providence, RI are the first of its kind. All the rest have indeed been suburban thus far, but they have actually proved to be relatively reputable, and have used pretty decent materials. I expect this building to keep with the "charlotte style" and blend flawlessly with the arena. So expect Red Masonry, faux metal and dark blue glass, and some "fins". I think this area will be a great hotel row, with the omni, ritz, sierra, aloft and hilton in the general vicinity.

People keep calling this hotel the Sierra Hotel, but to my knowledge it is Hotel Sierra. I could be wrong, but there is no record online of ten Sierra Hotels, but there are 10 Hotel Sierras. Great to hear that we will get some more density going down trade, here's to hoping they put a good restaurant/hotel bar (no steaks allowed) on the bottom floor. Here is the website so you can see what we are getting. http://www.hotel-sierra.com/

It used to be called Sierra Suites. My company performed the concrete and masonry portions of the Sierra Suites constructed in Branchburg, NJ back in 2002. I was invited to bid on this one as a subcontractor, but declined. To my knowledge RJ Griffin was low bidder, if i get booted from this post then soo be it, but for those who havent seen the rendering of this, here is the cover page from the drawings in pdf format.

Rendering:

Cover Page_Hotel Sierra

Previous Name of Sierra Suites - Branchburg, NJ

Sierra Suites

Thank you very much for this rendering

001_TS1.jpg

here is an extracted rendering so we don't have to DL. I feel like this is a great looking building and it has enough in common with the arena to blend wel, but enough differences to really make itself stand out as well. It'll be nice to have some more infill in the area!

For some reason it reminds me of a David Furman bldg.

It does the same for me as too. I'd like to see a color rendering as well, but generally speaking this definitely looks like it will fit in with the area around TWC Arena quite well.

Archived