What retailers or restaurants do you think that Birmingham is missing?

kayman

Word on the street is Best Buy may wind up closing its original location at Riverchase Village after the building was retrofitted just to open the location in 2009. Also, the same could occur with the current Lowe's that is in Pelham as it will only be 4-5 away from this development also. Yeah, it sounds retarded for a store to be open for only 2-3 years and then move farther down the road, but who knows maybe the both of them will coexist.

On the Target locales, me and a co-worker were saying the same thing at my job about the 2 Targets within 5 miles of one another. Yes, we have heard from the rumor that the one at The Grove may be an actual SuperTarget, the first proposed store in the state in nearly 3 years. I saw the site plans for the Tannehill store and it is 127K square foot store, but it is a regular Target with quite a large layout.

On the note of site plans, it seems that Colonial is having some a major trouble filling the parcels at the Tutwiler Farms. Although Colonial has officially sold the property, but it still manages it and it seems that parcels suppose to been new locations of Red Lobster, Olive Garden. However, none of these have yet to open or even began construction there. The only one that has is Red Robin's Restaurant and Logan's. However, Colonial has began plans on Promenade at Tutwiler Farms II which is anchored by H.H. Gregg, but the rest is still in development.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems Target may be after disgruntled Wal-Mart clientele. Every proposed location seems to be in position to compete with an existing Wal-Mart. Tanehill = Bessemer, The Grove = 150, I have also heard the property for sale on Valleydale (Harbert Headquarters) is under contract with retail developers and will include... yes, a Target. That will compete with the Pelham Wal-Mart. I doubt Lowe's on Valleydale will relocate to The Grove. That's a considerable distance.

BestBuy, possibly.

• 2 weeks later...

To continue check off my list on page 1 of what Birmingham needs, ULTA is opening at Patton Creek early next year.

http://www.al.com/business/birminghamnews/....xml&coll=2

I spoke with a store manager at Brookwood Mall, and he told me that Target was looking in to the old Brookwood Convenience Center. I guess we are finally getting to Target closer to the city center, even though I would perfer to have one in the immediate City Center area.

To continue check off my list on page 1 of what Birmingham needs, ULTA is opening at Patton Creek early next year.

I spoke with a store manager at Brookwood Mall, and he told me that Target was looking in to the old Brookwood Convenience Center. I guess we are finally getting to Target closer to the city center, even though I would perfer to have one in the immediate City Center area.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Archived