Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ILoveCallingNCHome

Harris Teeter in Corolla NC (outer banks)

11 posts in this topic

I took this picture while on vacation with my family at the outer banks of NC. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing it. It is a picture of the Harris Teeter built in Corolla. It looked fairly new to me. I liked the suggestion of a lighthouse in the outside design-giving a nod to the wonderful lighthouses in the area.

harristeetercorollaNCILCNCH.jpg

I like that they integrated the store's design into the architecture style of the Outer Banks, and that it doesn't look like every other new Harris Teeter! Thanks for sharing that photo

That is a really nice Harris Teeter, if only one of the 6 HTs within 2 miles of my house looked cool like that....

Throughout New England, they do a great job of disguising strip malls,etc. to blend in with New England's aesthetic. Even gas stations on Cape Cod look like more like houses than convenience stores. It's quite nice.

Wow, HT really has no limits as to where they go. I am surpised however that there are not more Teeters out on the barrier islands.

Wow, HT really has no limits as to where they go. I am surpised however that there are not more Teeters out on the barrier islands.

Well-this particular part of the outer banks has only recently (within the past 20 yrs) been opened up to the public-from our understanding. Before this period of time it was only open to a few locals and hunting clubs. There is a lot of new building going on up there..mostly million dollar houses. This Harris Teeter was located at the entrance of a gated housing community. It had a really nice feel and blended really well IMO. There is another Harris Teeter (that isnt this cool) located in Nags Head or Kill Devil Hills that is older and probably has been there for quite a while.

the food lion in Oak Island has done this. The town only let them build it if they followed a strict design code to fit in with coastal feel. it looks really nice, maybe better than the HT in this picture.