Michigan's Uppers Picture Thread

disconsolate

So there may or may not be another topic like this floating around, if so, my apologies, feel free to delete this post, but I was in the G.R. thread, browsing the picture of the day thread and remembered all the pictures of Marquette, Mackinac, and Lake Superior I had, as well as scenery, etc.

Anyways, here are a few pictures from last year's (and a few from the year before that) vacation...

(Sorry in advance if a few of these pictures are huge...I'm not the best at this type of thing.)

DSC08061.jpg

(Lovely glare on the window...I apologize.)

DSC08110.jpg

Tahquamenon Falls. One of my very favorite pictures.

DSC08126.jpg

Lake Superior.

DSC08188.jpg

I believe that a few delicious pasties were consumed here.

DSC08223.jpg

DSC09347.jpg

Up north...somewhere...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's what i love about michigan...

i feel we've so much variety;

open fields, trees, rolling hills, cities, suburbia.

i'd be content living here forever, which is kind of a big thing to say when you're a teenager that loves to travel.

really, my heart will always be in michigan.

Even so it does make for an entertaining diversion.

Short story: a waste of time.

It's supposed to be some vortex where gravity behaves strangely, but really it's just a fun house with crooked floors to give you the feeling that the gravity there is all screwy.

-----

disconsolate: Great photos! This makes me miss the UP -- I used to spend my summers up there (outside Newberry) as a child but haven't been in three or four years now.

i remember the mystery spot.

when i was about 6 or 7 i wanted to go something terrible, but my mom wasn't willing to cough up admission for me along with my two older step-sisters.

i was jealous for weeks after because i was just so curious.

other than that, thanks! my parents have been making it something of a tradition lately to visit the u.p. on holidays.

we've been renting out a few cabins and had some of our extended family bunk with us to cut back on costs.

so far, i've really enjoyed my time up there, besides the fact i can't wish friends back in grand rapids a merry christmas or happy new year thanks to crap reception.

it's definitely a lovely place though. i can't wait to do a bit of exploring in the next few years.

also, i've been thinking of listening to sufjan steven's 'michigan' album on the way up there.

some of the songs seem as though they'd fit perfectly.

Archived