The Sopranos

TONYCLT

*Spoiler Warning*

I am a big Sopranos fan and I was a little disapponited in the way the show ended, The writers left viewers with a cliffhanger and there were several questions left to answer: what really happend when Meadow came into the diner, what was with the guy who went into the bathroom, does Silvio die? It kind of makes you wonder if HBO plans on a movie to tie up any loose ends. If anyone has anything to add please do so.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew they were going to do this. I called it halfway through, they'll probly end the show with nothing happening so everyone will have to wonder forever. It'd be cool if they put in some cool endings when they release the season on DVD eventually.

I hope there will be a movie. A couple of interesting points though. The last part of the show is really from Tony's perspective. In the last episode Tony remembers Bobby telling him something to the effect of when it happens (death) you probably don't even hear it. The screen going blank could have been Tony dying. But, that Journey song is a very uplifting"

Working hard to get my fill,

everybody wants a thrill

Payin' anything to roll the dice,

just one more time

Some will win, some will lose

Some were born to sing the blues

Oh, the movie never ends

It goes on and on and on and on

Hehehe.

Also, I love the cat and rat references. Paulie is a rat and the cat knows!!!

I have been a die-hard fan of the Sopranos since the pilot. At first I wondered if my cable had gone off after seeing the screen go blank but switched to other channels and found out they worked perfectly good. I was extremely disappointed after finding out that our ending was a blank screen but after thinking about it a bit I realized that it's not as bad as it seems. (As is every moment in The Sopranos) The ending was full of meaning and "signs." There was something significant about Meadow not being able to parallel park and coming in late, the guy getting up to go to the bathroom after staring at Tony hard, the amount of time the blank screen was on, and the thugs coming in. I have come up with several theories due to a sleepless night I had last night because of this episode :lol::

The guy at the counter was hired to do a hit on the entire family (I know about what Tony told Carmela about how "families never get hit") and he kept stalling for Meadow but realized she's not coming and went into the bathroom to either prepare or give the signal to the thugs to come in and "off" them.

There was a hit issued for Meadow and the guy kept looking back at the Sopranos family to see if she was there. The thugs might've been planning an armed robbery and when Meadow came in she might've been in the line of fire and gotten killed.

Basically we are left to create our own ending which is said in the song they were playing,"Don't stop believing ."

But, what about that Phil hit? :lol: Wow, what a way to go!

^ You have to love the way Phil went out. The car rolling over his head and the reaction of the people was maybe one of the funniest moments in television history. I laughed so hard. I must say that it was one of the best episodes ever. Was the guy just looking at him because he was Tony Soprano? Was there a gun in the bathroom in reference to the Godfather? What was the deal with Meadow and the parking?

One of my biggest questions is why the show seemed to focus so much on AJ. Almost half the show focused on him. His outburst at Bobby's funeral was great.

I hear you on the sleepless night. I've been a fan since the pilot as well. I stood at the door of my house with a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other for the whole hour.

The show was great and I have to agree with you Pillsbury the way Phil was killed must have been the best hit since the show started, both me and my wife laughed mainly because of the reaction of the bystanders. And as for the part with Meadow having a problem with parking I can't explain that its just one of those things that will make you wonder.

^^ I think it was all about misdirection, I had made a "bet" that AJ would snap and kill Tony, obviously that was wrong. Focusing on AJ so much of the episode seems a ploy to make you think something about his actions would be significant. Ditto Meadow's parking issues at the end (that was unnerving, how the HELL was that going to be relevant???). And I have "heard" that they may make a few isolated episodes in the future or of course a movie to wrap things up.

Until I read Pillsbury's initial post about the blackout representing Tony's death from his own perspective (very good btw, that sounds like a correct answer), I had thought the ending to be mere marketing ploy to get us to buy the DVD set so we could see one of two or three endings.

I always thought it would've been interesting if Tony was shot in the finale and he went back to the Kevin Finerty dream he had while he was in a coma and goes back to the house where Tony Blundetto was out front and visited all his dead family members from the past.

While I was watching I thought if Paulie killed the cat, Tony might kill Paulie. Remember the incident over Pie-O-My (the horse) and Ralph?

Yes, though it could be argued that Tony took out Ralph because of what he did to the stripper and being a complete nuisance and problem to Tony but I firmly believe Tony took him out because Ralph killed the horse. Tony has always had a secret soft side to him, that's why I don't think he was fitting for the position of boss.

What was the deal with the onion rings and the way they ate them? It was almost Last Supper kind of stuff. The way they took the onion rings and placed them on their tongue was almost like Holy Communion. I most definately don't eat them that way at the local Outback. And why are people in my newspaper site arguing over the ending. Was there a different ending on the west coast? Some say the last shot was of Meadow. But I saw Tony in the last shot.

And what about the cub scouts in there? Were they the same ones in the toy shop when Bobby died? And some wrote into the paper saying the black guys that walked in were the same ones in a previous episode where Tony had a hit out on him.

Also the guy in the Members Only jacket was scary. The first episode of the season where Tony was shot was called "Members Only" if I remember correctly.

While I thought the same thing on the two black guys, those could not have been them because when they attempted the hit on Tony, one of them accidentally shot their partner in their head while trying to shoot Tony and then Tony ran the other one over.

Here's that clip:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1745211459

Correct, the first episode of the season was called Members Only but I think that was because of a jacket Eugene was wearing that Vito called him out on after he made a comment about Vito's weight loss.

I think that having both the kids show up late was purely a matter of suspense. By the time they arrive, the fact that a hit is imminent should be pretty obvious (lots of funny looks, sketchy characters... someone's going to die). The only tension left is to see WHO will be at the table when it happens. At first, it seems both kids will be delayed, which would be a nice happy way for things to end (the parents gone, but the kids left to begin their lives anew as adults). But then AJ shows up, and Meadow has parking issues... so it appears that Meadow will be the only survivor; a slightly more unnerving ending but still one that leaves a glimmer of hope for the family. It appears that's the verdict when the hit-man gets up and approaches the table...

... but then he heads to the bathroom (Godfather reference) and Meadow rushes in the door at the last possible second. So that's it: the whole family dies, but we are left to imagine the gory details. Very dark, very sinister, and something I only began to appreciate after a couple of nights to think on it.

Archived