21c Museum Hotel

eastsider

Plans will be announced today for a $200 million project to be located at Third and Brazos that house 209 hotel rooms, 200 condominiums, and contemporary art museum. The 44-story 21c Museum Hotel will be the second such projected to take place following one that opened last year in Louisville, Kentucky. Construction could begin in early 2008 and wrap up sometime in 2010.

The building would have nine floors of hotel rooms on one side and condos on the other. The hotel would include a bar, board rooms, a ballroom, an outdoor sculpture garden and museum galleries. Rotating exhibits would showcase works from emerging and internationally known artists, from whimsical pieces to interactive displays and video installations.

The lobby of the Louisville 21c hotel features paintings, video art, photography and sculptures. One of the hotel's most popular attractions is a one-way mirror looking out from the men's urinals.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

The 21c project won approval from the cities design commission and will go before the planning commission on Sept. 11. After that it will need final approval from the Austin city council. A sales center for the project is planned to open in late September in the Littlefield Building and groundbreaking is set to take place in January.

Austin Business Journal: Condo project gets the support of design commission

• 5 months later...

Gorgeous Building. I love glass buildings...when I went to Vancouver over the summer two years ago I just got hooked on their architecture. The Pac-North is radically different than the old brown brick buildings I am used to seeing when I lived in Dallas and here in Memphis, although both cities newer projects are looking great. Victory Park in Dallas, and the rumored One Beale here in Memphis.

Ive stayed at the 21c in Louisville and it was stellar...I expect this one to be even better. Everythings bigger and better in Texas, right? :D

• 2 months later...

The design and location of 21c recently changed. It's now planned as a three high rise project a few blocks from its original location. The plans call for a hotel tower, 49 story condo tower and office tower. The hotel would be built first. In addition to these three towers they are planning to develop the original location into another hotel.

rendering-3.jpg

Archived