NCAA Football

TennBear

Here are the major Preseason Polls for the upcoming 2007 Season. It is time for people to start their inputs on who is overrated, underrated, or just plain debated.

Lindy's

1. USC

2. LSU

3. Michigan

4. West Virginia

5. Texas

6. Wisconsin

7. Tennessee

8. Virginia Tech

9. Louisville

10. Oklahoma

11. Florida

12. Cal

13. Ohio State

14. Arkansas

15. TCU

16. Rutgers

17. Georgia

18. Texas A&M

19. Hawaii

20. Wake Forest

21. Florida State

22. UCLA

23. Auburn

24. Boston College

25. Nebraska

Athlon

1. USC

2. Texas

3. LSU

4. Wisconsin

5. West Virginia

6. Florida

7. Oklahoma

8. Michigan

9. Virginia Tech

10. Rutgers

11. Cal

12. Ohio State

13. Louisville

14. Georgia Tech

15. UCLA

16. Georgia

17. Penn State

18. Nebraska

19. Hawaii

20. Tennessee

21. Auburn

22. Oregon State

23. Texas A&M

24. Miami

25. TCU

FoxSports

1. USC

2. LSU

3. Texas

4. Florida

5. Wisconsin

6. Ohio State

7. Oklahoma

8. Arkansas

9. UCLA

10. Michigan

11. West Virginia

12. Georgia

13. Virginia Tech

14. Auburn

15. Nebraska

16. Tennessee

17. Florida State

18. Cal

19. Boston College

20. Texas A&M

21. Rutgers

22. Georgia Tech

23. TCU

24. Penn State

25. Oregon State

Rivals.com

1. USC

2. Michigan

3. LSU

4. West Virginia

5. Florida

6. Ohio State

7. Virginia Tech

8. Oklahoma

9. Texas

10. Wisconsin

11. Louisville

12. Georgia

13. Nebraska

14. Auburn

15. Cal

16. Arkansas

17. Tennessee

18. Penn State

19. Rutgers

20. Florida State

21. Texas A&M

22. Notre Dame

23. Hawaii

24. Boston College

25. Clemson

AJC

1. USC

2. West Virginia

3. Oklahoma

4. Ohio State

5. Florida

6. LSU

7. Texas

8. Michigan

9. Arkansas

10. Virginia Tech

11. Louisville

12. Wake Forest

13. Wisconsin

14. Auburn

15. Nebraska

16. Georgia

17. Tennessee

18. Rutgers

19. South Carolina

20. Florida State

21. Notre Dame

22. Texas A&M

23. TCU

24. Boise State

25. Oklahoma St.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My preseason top 5:

1. USC

2. LSU

3. Florida

4. Michigan

5. Texas

Looks like USC is the consensus #1, which makes sense that they are returning almost everybody from a solid defense last year, and most of their offense, includnig the quarterback. The only question is at receiver with the departure of both Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith to the NFL.

I think the Big 10 takes a big hit early on in the polls this year, since supposedly-awesome Michigan and Ohio State got blown apart in their bowl games last year. The SEC is also going to be ridiculous this year.

Edited by torgo

My preseason top 5:

1. USC

2. LSU

3. Florida

4. Michigan

5. Texas

Looks like USC is the consensus #1, which makes sense that they are returning almost everybody from a solid defense last year, and most of their offense, includnig the quarterback. The only question is at receiver with the departure of both Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith to the NFL.

I think the Big 10 takes a big hit early on in the polls this year, since supposedly-awesome Michigan and Ohio State got blown apart in their bowl games last year. The SEC is also going to be ridiculous this year.

preseaon top 5:

1. USC

2. LSU

3. Wisconsin

4. Texas

5. Louisville

I think Wisconsin will start out good, but there schedule was extremely easy for being in the Big 10 last year, so I am not sure how they will finish out.

1. LSU

2. USC

3. Texas

4. Ohio St.

5. Wisconsin

Some of the teams are different but overall consensus is pretty much the same with LSU and USC topping the list.

I am not completely convinced both LSU and USC will be there at the end, but its hard to go against them before some games have been played.

I am not completely convinced both LSU and USC will be there at the end, but its hard to go against them before some games have been played.

USC is certainly playing more hard games away than LSU, but the SEC does work on the teams and LSU will have to play in a Championship Game.

LSU only has 5 games away from Baton Rouge and one of those (Tulane) will be a Home Game in all but name. The only major games that LSU has away are Kentucky and Alabama. I would like to say that Ole Miss is because of the rivalry, but neither Ole Miss or Mississippi State have the players to give LSU much trouble. LSU is going to play 7 teams that should go to Bowl Games and has stretch of 4 games were they play Florida followed by Kentucky, Auburn, and Alabama.

USC has 6 away games with Nebraska and California as major away teams. Not certain what Notre Dame will look like against USC, but it does lead off the final 6 games in their schedule in which 4 are away and contains all of their tough games except for the Nebraska game. USC looks to be playing about the same number of Bowl Teams as LSU.

It is far easier to see LSU losing a game with their schedules than USC, but you can never see what can happen until the games have been played.

Here are Rival's 25 most difficult schedules.

Breakdown

SEC -----8

Pac 10 --5

Big 10 ---4

ACC -----3

Big 12----2

Big East -2

Ind-------1

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Aj...s&type=lgns

I think it was pretty obvious that the SEC and PAC 10 were going to be the toughest. They all seem to make sense I guess, except Big 12 seems a little low.

Thanks for starting this thread TennBear!!! You just can't do better than College Football IMO; eventhough the BCS system is flawed.

I could not be more excited!!! Especially if the consensus is right ?!?!! Great storylines too..... #1 USC vs. #2 LSU in the "Unfinished Business Bowl" from 2004's Split National Champion + Louisiana-native starting USC QB- John David Booty returning to his "home state" to play home team LSU in New Orleans for the BCS Title. Booty's two older brothers Josh and Abram both played at LSU.

LSU's schedule is seriously "unbalanced" from year-to-year. They really need to fix it. Last year was next to impossible with "all" 4 away games against(at the time they played them) ranked #3Auburn; #5 Florida; #8 Tennessee; #5 Arkansas. As yall said, this year is very favorable as the schedule is REVERSED; those tough games are at home(replacing Tenn w/ So.Carolina-Spurrier).

Add Top #10 Va.Tech to LSU's schedule on Sept 8th!!! A Strong non-conference match-up on top of the strongest conference.

1- USC

2- LSU

3- Michigan

4- Florida

5- Texas/Oklahoma

LSU's schedule is seriously "unbalanced" from year-to-year. They really need to fix it. Last year was next to impossible with "all" 4 away games against(at the time they played them) ranked #3Auburn; #5 Florida; #8 Tennessee; #5 Arkansas. As yall said, this year is very favorable as the schedule is REVERSED; those tough games are at home(replacing Tenn w/ So.Carolina-Spurrier).

I agree, but unless LSU can get another SEC team to flip the home years it is here to stay. I could be possible, after all Vandy was able to get Kentucky and Tennessee to flip game dates. In that case neither UK or UT had a problem and it didn't involve changing the years in which you had someone at home. Alabama might agree to flip with LSU and Vandy for home/away years because it would be fairly even LSU and Tennessee at home or LSU and Auburn. Auburn is another possibility, since they have a similar problem with home vs away years.

I'll give it a spin:

ACC: Virginia Tech

Big East: Rutgers

Big 10: Michigan

Big 12: Texas

Pac 10: USC

SEC: LSU

ACC: Boston College

Big East: West Virginia

Big 12: A&M

PAC 10: Oregon St. (I am 99% sure USC wins, but I would like to take a different team :D)

SEC: Florida

ACC: Boston College

Big East: West Virginia

Big 12: A&M

PAC 10: Oregon St. (I am 99% sure USC wins, but I would like to take a different team :D)

SEC: Florida

I know what your saying. I did the same thing with Rutgers because I really liked the way that they played all of last year, even though West Virginia is going to be on most peoples lists. I think that Virginia Tech stands a good chance, but I partly put them in over the shooting. I'm not thinking that Florida will be there, because I don't know that Tebow will be able to recognize everything that other teams will throw at him.

I know what your saying. I did the same thing with Rutgers because I really liked the way that they played all of last year, even though West Virginia is going to be on most peoples lists. I think that Virginia Tech stands a good chance, but I partly put them in over the shooting. I'm not thinking that Florida will be there, because I don't know that Tebow will be able to recognize everything that other teams will throw at him.

I think BC needs a standout year, and the new coach seems like a good fit up in chestnut hill, I also think Florida may not have the best chance, but I think if they play well they can do it. Talent wise they are there, then it just comes down to any given saturday and who shows more.

Florida and LSU are the only heavyweights in the SEC this year. I know LSU has more of a tougher schedule (SEC games plus they play Virginia Tech on September 8) than Florida which has FSU. The game on October 6 will decide who gets to rule the SEC. Matt Flynn is no JaMarcus Russell but he should do decent enough. Florida uses a two-quarterback system with Tim Tebow for passing and Cameron Newton, a highly touted freshman, running the ball. If people thought handling Tim Tebow's rushes were difficult last year, then they should wait and see what Newton will do to them. Newton is a faster JaMarcus Russell and will do more damage than Tebow, and Tebow will do even more damage than Chris Leak last season. Look for Florida's offense to score more in the 30s and 40s this year. :tough:

Even though I graduated from Old Dominion (Norfolk, VA) I'm a huge Gators fan, so the LSU game will be the only tough one on the schedule. Those two teams should meet again in the championship game. One will enter 12-0, the other 11-1.

You sure are right about that odumonarch :thumbsup: LSU and Florida are the heavyweights of the SEC, both should be ranked in the "Top 5"! Georgia, Auburn, and Tennessee should be in the Top 20! And Alabama, Arkansas and So.Carolina should be in Bowl Games! It will be FUN to watch!

New LSU QB-Matt Flynn may not be like JaMarcus Russell(not many throw the ball 80 yards in the air); but he is much more of a running threat and great leader to rally around. In his only start in the 05' Peach Bowl, he lead them to a 40-3 demolishing of Miami. Flynn's style is better suited for New O-Coordinator Crowton's "Gulf Coast Offense"!

LSU would like to use the 2 QB system as well, but the highly touted Parade A-A "dual threat" Ryan Perrilloux is suspended indefinitely. Hopefully he will come back by August and stay out of trouble.

The biggest question for Florida?? They have to replace 9 players on Defense, that's alot! But many Gator 2nd teamers would probably be starting for most college teams! Percy Harvin is as dangerous as it gets! He's a threat to score from anywhere on the field!

A player to watch... "Sleeper" to Start in the NFL one day....LSU (Soph.) RB-Keiland Williams!! He wasn't cleared til the begining of last season, so he got a late start. LSU spreads the ball around too much with their RB's, he's the closest thing to a feature-back they have. If he carried the ball 25 times a game he would get Heisman consideration. He had over 100 yards vs.Notre Dame with only 14 carries. He scored a TD in every game he started(5 games)

Edited by richyb83

Florida and LSU are the only heavyweights in the SEC this year. I know LSU has more of a tougher schedule (SEC games plus they play Virginia Tech on September 8) than Florida which has FSU. The game on October 6 will decide who gets to rule the SEC. Matt Flynn is no JaMarcus Russell but he should do decent enough. Florida uses a two-quarterback system with Tim Tebow for passing and Cameron Newton, a highly touted freshman, running the ball. If people thought handling Tim Tebow's rushes were difficult last year, then they should wait and see what Newton will do to them. Newton is a faster JaMarcus Russell and will do more damage than Tebow, and Tebow will do even more damage than Chris Leak last season. Look for Florida's offense to score more in the 30s and 40s this year. :tough:

Even though I graduated from Old Dominion (Norfolk, VA) I'm a huge Gators fan, so the LSU game will be the only tough one on the schedule. Those two teams should meet again in the championship game. One will enter 12-0, the other 11-1.

not excited about ODU starting football next year? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I sure did torgo. That's what I'm hoping for too. I would absolutely love to see USC/LSU in the 08' Title Game!! Not to mention, USC's starting QB is from Louisiana as is prized recruit freshman Joe McKnight. What better way than for them to to return to New Orleans to their "home" state; against the"home" team.

I was really hoping for them to meet up in last season's Bowl Game.

I could not be more excited!!! Especially if the consensus is right ?!?!! Great storylines too..... #1 USC vs. #2 LSU in the "Unfinished Business Bowl" from 2004's Split National Champion + Louisiana-native starting USC QB- John David Booty returning to his "home state" to play home team LSU in New Orleans for the BCS Title. Booty's two older brothers Josh and Abram both played at LSU.

^^ This was my reply nearly a month ago with the pre-season rankings coming out! :thumbsup:

Edited by richyb83

Create your ultimate college football team! http://ultimateteam.rivals.com/UltimateFAQ.asp

Anyone else read the column on SI.com about LSU and USC? I think fans of those teams would love for those two to meet for the title in 08. I know I would!

I think that fans of any team would want to see their team in the Championship Game. I know that I would like to see my team in the Championship Game. I am not expecting it, but I would like to see it. I think that I would like to see my team Win the SEC East. If they do that, they stand a good chance of getting the SEC Championship and the National Championship. One step at a time.

I do agree that LSU vs USC looks like a good matchup and it may happen. That is why we play the games.

September 1, 2007 is coming up quickly. I am starting to get that little bit of excitement. Aside from the Tennessee - California Game on the 1st, what are the other big games that day?

I want to see the DI-FBS vs. FCS games, hoping some major upsets happen. That is the msot exciting part of the first few weeks for me.