NCAA Football

TennBear

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it depends on what site you take for your top 10 but it seams the same 10 are in different places, but its interesting if you look at the teams that were considered "top 10" that they are the traditional college powers. (except Clemson, where did that come from?)

Miami

Oklahoma

Notre Dame

Alabama

Florida

Georgia

USC

OSU

UT

Perhaps, UM goes higher if they get Pryor, or OSU?

I can't wait for the '08 season to start!

• 2 weeks later...

Michigan is gonna be in a big transition year without Pryor. Who will man the offense with so many people gone?

Jake Long, Chad Henne, Mike Hart, Mario Manningham, Adrian Arrington?

Thats a lot of offensive power to replace; especially a top 5 draft pick on OT Jake Long. The Rich Rodriguez era will be interesting.

I also see many teams have their spring ball coming up soon. The regular season just ended!

Clemson had a really good class this year, it wasn't top ten, but it was top 15 I think.

I think Pryor is going to Ohio State. He was all set to sign with them on NSD, but decided to wait at the last minute.

Speaking of Clemson, it will be very interesting to see Clemson and Alabama meet in the Georgia Dome to open the season.

Clemson had a really good class this year, it wasn't top ten, but it was top 15 I think.

I think Pryor is going to Ohio State. He was all set to sign with them on NSD, but decided to wait at the last minute.

Clemson did have a top ten class in fact, most recruting sites have them 2 or 3.... like ESPN and rivals

Clemson did have a top ten class in fact, most recruting sites have them 2 or 3.... like ESPN and rivals

Rivals has Clemson at #12.

And how about, Minnesota who wound up with a class ranked #17. Impressive for a school who went 1-11 last year.

BTW, does anyone else think they media coverage around Terrelle Pryor has gotten a little ridiculous? Tell me when he decides. Until then, leave the kid alone! Jeez!

Edited by torgo

We all know recruiting is not an exact science. But it is interesting to see how some of the "now" fallen powers stepping up their game looking to recapture their old glory. Alabama, Notre Dame, Miami, etc.

Good to see Clemson and Minnesota on the list.

Agreed torgo; this hanging on every word of the super-mega recruit has gotten out of hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Rivals has Clemson at #12.

And how about, Minnesota who wound up with a class ranked #17. Impressive for a school who went 1-11 last year.

BTW, does anyone else think they media coverage around Terrelle Pryor has gotten a little ridiculous? Tell me when he decides. Until then, leave the kid alone! Jeez!

I had completely forgotten about the Pryor recruiting fiasco until I saw this thread. He has until the end of March to make a decision is that right?

I'd prefer him to land at Penn St, but realistically he'd fit in immediately at either UM or Oregon.

^Not sure if it's the end of March or sometime in mid-April?? I thought Pryor would end-up at Michigan with their new coach??

Spring Football practices are going on at many places. Right now LSU's Future QB? Ryan Perrilloux(another one-time mega recruit few years back) is not participating due to suspension. Hopefully he straightens things out and will be ready for the Fall?? He's missing some valuable time and reps not being there though. Redshirt Freshman Jarrett Lee will probably start if RP does not come back.

^Not sure if it's the end of March or sometime in mid-April?? I thought Pryor would end-up at Michigan with their new coach??

Spring Football practices are going on at many places. Right now LSU's Future QB? Ryan Perrilloux(another one-time mega recruit few years back) is not participating due to suspension. Hopefully he straightens things out and will be ready for the Fall?? He's missing some valuable time and reps not being there though. Redshirt Freshman Jarrett Lee will probably start if RP does not come back.

What exactly was his mistake? Since he hasn't been kicked off the team it appears its not drastic. Will he return for the start of the season or has he been suspended? It will be awfully tough for LSU to repeat in the SEC without leadership at the QB position.

Speaking of Clemson, it will be very interesting to see Clemson and Alabama meet in the Georgia Dome to open the season.

Yeah that should be a good game. Saban should field an improved Alabama team, but he's still 2 or 3 more recruiting classes away from having the Tide back in the top tier of college programs.

What exactly was his mistake? Since he hasn't been kicked off the team it appears its not drastic. Will he return for the start of the season or has he been suspended? It will be awfully tough for LSU to repeat in the SEC without leadership at the QB position.

He apparently missed team meetings, workouts classes. This is the third time he's been suspended in the last year or so. His suspension is "indefinite", so who knows when he'll be back.

Pryor has to decide by April 1st. I still think he's going to Ohio State

Anyone have the top 25 list of classes?

There's a lot out there all with varying opinions. Here's Rivals Top 25

Beyond the recruiting world I saw an article that stated Texas A&M and Arkansas would start a series, but now I can't find a link. Its good to see inter-conference series like this. Its certainly good for college football.

There's a lot out there all with varying opinions. Here's Rivals Top 25

Beyond the recruiting world I saw an article that stated Texas A&M and Arkansas would start a series, but now I can't find a link. Its good to see inter-conference series like this. Its certainly good for college football.

Thanks for the list...

here is the Ark and Texas A&M story...

Texas A&M vs. Arkansas

• 2 weeks later...

I think he truly is a much better runner then passer. Will he be the next Donovan McNabb or Steve McNair or a flameout like Akili Smith?

He will truly have the eye of scrutiny on him; but lucky for him he walks into a Chris Leak/Tim Tebow type of situation where he can learn the offense his frosh year and provide som real spark off the bench. This will certainly keep OSU on the top of the Big 10 for 2008.

Is there really any other competition within the conference? Illinois? Michigan got completely gutted with early draftees and graduation to their best players.

I think he truly is a much better runner then passer. Will he be the next Donovan McNabb or Steve McNair or a flameout like Akili Smith?

He will truly have the eye of scrutiny on him; but lucky for him he walks into a Chris Leak/Tim Tebow type of situation where he can learn the offense his frosh year and provide som real spark off the bench. This will certainly keep OSU on the top of the Big 10 for 2008.

Is there really any other competition within the conference? Illinois? Michigan got completely gutted with early draftees and graduation to their best players.

Is the juice kid bad at Illinois? Other than that I still think Penn State will be a team to compete against early on, but will flame out a little towards the end.

The Juice is good, but they lost their RB Rashard Mendenhall to the draft early. PSU looked pretty vanilla last year and lost their defensive leader in Dan O'Conner. It just looks like OSU as a clear leader in the conference with several teams vying for the second spot, be that PSU, ILL, WISCY or maybe even a resurgent Iowa?

• 1 month later...

The Juice is good, but they lost their RB Rashard Mendenhall to the draft early. PSU looked pretty vanilla last year and lost their defensive leader in Dan O'Conner. It just looks like OSU as a clear leader in the conference with several teams vying for the second spot, be that PSU, ILL, WISCY or maybe even a resurgent Iowa?

It's kind of sad b/c the whole nation will once again tell me and my fellow Buckeye fans how we suck b/c we don't play anyone and our conference is horrible and blah blah blah. All that is garbage imo, but anyways, there really isn't anyone that will contend w/ OSU in the Big 10, and we should go unbeaten in conference play. PSU will be a tough team, but they come to the Shoe, where they never play well. In fact, since 1993, their hasn't been one game where they broke into double figures in scoring. Illinois and Wisconsin will provide decent tests, as they will be road night games, but neither team has the same speed, and Illinois lost Mendenhaul and Lehman, their good LB, so they won't be as good as last year, plus, OSU will be out for revenge in that game. Tressel since coming to OSU has not lost to the same team in back to back years. No, our whole season will come down to September 13th, in the best out of conference intersectional matchup of the season, when they go out and play USC. If the Buckeyes pull off a victory over probably once again, the preseason #1 team in the country, then we can get some respect back, and they could have a chance to win the National Title. Lose that game though, and the whole country will disrespect Ohio State even more. That is a make our break game for my school.

As for Pryor, he's the same size as Vince Young, throws better than VY, but may not be quite as elusive on the run. I would imagine OSU will design some packages for him this year like Florida did for Tebow as a Frosh, and he will see some Playing time, and get his feet wet, to take over in 2009, after Todd Boeckman has graduated.

If you ask me, you can't really pile on a team if they have a weak conference. You can't blame Ohio State for not playing anybody because they have to play their conference. You can, however, blame them for playing a bunch of non-conference cupcakes like they did last year. But let's not forget that in 2005/2006 they played a home-and-home against Texas, and this year they start one with USC, so it's not like they aren't willing to take on a challenge. Aside from USC, I think they (the Buckeyes) could also get a good challenge from Michigan State, Illinois, Wisconsin and Penn State, and let's not write off Michigan either. Michigan will be a big question mark but remember it will be the last game of the season, so the players should have a much better grasp on the system in December than they will in August. I wouldn't give Ohio State the Big Ten title just yet.

USC-Ohio State will be the biggest non-conference game of the year. I think its awesome that there are games with national title implications in September!

USC has a lot of question marks, especially on offense with a new QB, receivers that were only so-so last year, and a young offensive line. The USC defense will be stout again, with two of the best LBs in the country in Rey Maualuga and Brian Cushing. But I still expect them to win the Pac-10 again.

Edited by torgo