NCAA Football

TennBear

Hey everyone, I took a break from posting on here b/c of some illnesses in my family that I needed to help out with. Cancer is an SOB, as I lost an uncle and have another family member fighting breast cancer, though things look ok there. :cry:

Anyways, honestly, this has been the craziest season in College Football history. My Buckeyes are definitely farther than I thought they would make it, especially after falling to Illinois. I'm not sure if they can beat LSU in practically, their home stadium, I know it isn't, but it's only a couple hrs away, but I do know that they will give a much better account for themselves and will make it a heck of a game.

Question for everyone, doesn't this season absolutely scream for a playoff(I mean how can you tell who is better between Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, and USC, all w/ 2 losses). I still say, make a 16 team playoff, where you take each of the 11 conference champions, and then take the 5 highest rated at large bids. Play the first 2 rounds in the higher seeds' home stadiums, then play the semis' in 2 of the BCS Bowl sites, and then play the title game 2 weeks later at another BCS bowl site. The other "minor" bowls can still host their games. It's not like anybody really pays attention to them anyway, unless their team is involved. By taking all 11 conference champs, you give the little conferences a chance, just like they get in March Madness, which imo, is the best time of the year.

Welcome back, hope things get better.

Poinsettia Bowl

uuc.gif 35

over

nna.gif 32

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing about Rodriguez that no mentions is the type of players he is able to get into WVU that he wont be able to UM. That edge allowed him to recruit and get some players that other schools wanted but couldn't take, ie - Noel Devine.

The good bowl games continued...

ECU nabbing an upset of Boise ST. That was an exciting game.

I will take the home state Chips over Purdue in an upset 31-24 in the Motor City Bowl on Wednesday.

One thing about Rodriguez that no mentions is the type of players he is able to get into WVU that he wont be able to UM. That edge allowed him to recruit and get some players that other schools wanted but couldn't take, ie - Noel Devine.

The good bowl games continued...

ECU nabbing an upset of Boise ST. That was an exciting game.

I will take the home state Chips over Purdue in an upset 31-24 in the Motor City Bowl on Wednesday.

Thats what I thought would hurt Rodriguez, he had a unique deal at WVU, UM is a weird thing and sort of keeps him out of his comfort.

Yes indeed! Nice upset with East Carolina beating Boise State.

How about Florida Atlantic taking it to Memphis?? Not too bad for a program that did not get started til' 1998. I was impressed with their victory earlier this season over Minnesota of the Big 10; eventhough they were a weak Big 10 team.

I don't like seeing rematches in the bowl games for some reason; BYU and UCLA already played earlier this year.

Keep up the good work dgreco.

Nice prediction jdkacz. CMU beating Purdue would be big for thier conference.

Edited by richyb83

Nice! A Bowl with two Top 20 Teams!

As much as it pains me....I'll go with Texas. Should be another good, close game??

you picked right, I am surprised they won. I thought ASU was better than they played. They did play without their top running back, but I don't know if that would of made a difference.

Holiday Bowl

tth.gif 51

over

aam.gif 34