NCAA Football

TennBear

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels great to be a Georgia Bulldog right now.

Sugar Bowl

ggb.gif 41

over

hhc.gif 10

I'm certainly more than a little biased, but UGA had an answer for just about everything Hawaii tried on them on both sides of the ball. Colt Brennan didn't even get one touchdown pass and even had to be sidelined for some minor injury early in the 4th quarter. The second string QB for Hawaii Graunki (sic?) threw UH's on touchdown pass of the game.

Hawaii was manhandled on both sides of the ball, IMO.

Anyone else care to comment on it.

Hawaii was completely overmatched, and I was afraid that was going to happen. I thought their offense would at least keep it close, but Georgia's defense proved to be too good.

USC-Illinois was similar. Illinios QB Juice Williams is good, but the rest of the squad can't really play at the elite level just yet. USC freshman Joe McKnight is going to be a star.

How about Michigan knocking off Florida? Given Michigan's problems with mobile quarterbacks, that was a surprise. Lloyd Carr goes out a winner at U-M.

Hawaii was completely overmatched, and I was afraid that was going to happen. I thought their offense would at least keep it close, but Georgia's defense proved to be too good.

USC-Illinois was similar. Illinios QB Juice Williams is good, but the rest of the squad can't really play at the elite level just yet. USC freshman Joe McKnight is going to be a star.

How about Michigan knocking off Florida? Given Michigan's problems with mobile quarterbacks, that was a surprise. Lloyd Carr goes out a winner at U-M.

a bunch of good games yesterday. I think UGA and USC show us why we need a playoff. On the other hand, Boise St. Helped last year and Hawai'i blew it this year. I have a feeling a non-BCS school will not be getting a chance again unless it is Boise St.

No doubt, this season more than ever is screaming playoffs. Take the Top 8 or something...

It's ashame bad football can come in the name of tradition. It would have been nice to see Georgia playing USC! That would have been a much better match-up. Illinios and Hawaii are too "one" demensional; not enough balance. That's what set's the premier teams apart from the rest.

Oklahoma Wins tonight! West Virginia...again too "one demensional."

Even though as a Georgia fan I have some pretty valid reason to complain about the BCS this year, I'm not sure if I'm ready to see it go. I enjoy excitement of the bowl season.

I can't decide if I want a playoff or not either. I love bowl season. But who knows who the best team is. Even a plus-one wouldn't help figure anything out this year.

Fiesta Bowl

wwh.gif 48

over

ooc.gif 28

This is a season of blowouts in the BCS games, I wonder why though?

The people on the Rose Bowl Selection Committee can only blame themselves for the blowout there. They could have gone with a much more deserving team than Illinois like Mizzou or UGA, but they just HAD to keep tradition and have the PAC-10 vs. Big 10 match up when the only good Big 10 team, Ohio State (and I still think they're going to get beaten pretty badly by LSU) was already taken.

Hawaii, apparently, had no reason to be in the BCS either judging by how it was blown out by Georgia. It had a weak schedule to begin with and a few of its games were much closer than they should have been for a school ranked so high with a schedule like they had.

WV vs. Oklahoma was a complete surprise to me. I was expecting WV to win, but I wasn't expecting them to run away with it like they did. They really were the championship-quality team they had been all along.

The Orange Bowl was the only truly close game we've had yet, and even then, Kansas held the lead for the entire game.

I think that Hawaii and Illinois should have been replaced with teams like Mizzou (like I mentioned earlier) or Florida. UGA could have also played USC. That would have been an exciting game.

I think that Hawaii and Illinois should have been replaced with teams like Mizzou (like I mentioned earlier) or Florida. UGA could have also played USC. That would have been an exciting game.

The only problem with this is that there is a two team maximum per conference for BCS games. With OU, and Kansas already in, Mizzou was left out, and Florida would be in the same boat with LSU and UGA in BCS games. I agree that Illinois had no business being in the Rose Bowl, but if Hawaii can't get in with a perfect regular season, we might as well dump all of the non BCS conferences WAC, MAC, MWC, etc... to a second tier...otherwise, why are they playing?

If OSU decides to show up this year (unlike againse UF), this will be a great game, and I think both teams will be ready to play.

The only problem with this is that there is a two team maximum per conference for BCS games. With OU, and Kansas already in, Mizzou was left out, and Florida would be in the same boat with LSU and UGA in BCS games. I agree that Illinois had no business being in the Rose Bowl, but if Hawaii can't get in with a perfect regular season, we might as well dump all of the non BCS conferences WAC, MAC, MWC, etc... to a second tier...otherwise, why are they playing?

I'm not saying they should dump all the non-BCS conferences. Every now and then, they really do come up with a great team, like the 06-07 Boise State team and the Utah team that beat Pitt a couple years ago.

Judging from the Sugar Bowl's score and the strength of their schedule (as well as the couple of close games against weaker teams), Hawaii apparently didn't belong.

You are indeed correct about the two teams per conference max rule. I had forgotten about that. Still, it would have been nice to see Mizzou and/or Florida play this year. It would have made the BCS a lot more fun to watch, IMO.

If OSU decides to show up this year (unlike againse UF), this will be a great game, and I think both teams will be ready to play.

OSU showed up last year. It's just that Florida completely ran them over. They were just the better team.. The Big Ten's strength is, for the most part, overhyped, IMO.