NCAA Football

TennBear

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beside USC & the Oregon schools; it was a "rough" past weekend for the PAC 10. #23 Cal was upset by Maryland 35-27 who lost to Middle Tenn. the week before; previously #13th ranked Arizona State LOST to UNLV!!! Washington was crushed by Oklahoma 55-14; Stanford lost to TCU 31-14; Washington State lost to Baylor 45-17...and UCLA was BLASTED by BYU 59-0!!!! and Arizona LOST to New Mexico.

The SEC had some defensive wars!!! Georgia over So.Carolina 14-7 and Auburn edged Miss.State 3-2 in a baseball score!

The SEC has 5 Top 10 teams in the AP Poll; the Big 12 has three in the Top 7.

Edited by richyb83

BIG Day in the SEC!!! It's gonna be a war as #6 LSU travels to #9 Auburn tonite! #4 Florida faces Tennessee; and right now #10 Alabama is putting the smack-down on Arkansas 42-7 late in the 3rd. Oh yeah...#3 Georgia travels out west to face Arizona State tonite.

Edited by richyb83

Like ESPN said...the past weekend was almost "This Week in the SEC"..5 of the Top 7 teams playing! Since USC, Oklahoma & Wisconsin had the week off.

Without trying to be bias; the LSU-Auburn(dropped from 10 to #15) game has been the best so far this season!! A back & fourth contest with LSU winning 26-21 on the road. Looks like they may have found their QB. Florida took care of Tennessee(missed opportunities) 30-6.

3 of the Top 5 Teams in the AP are in the SEC (#3 Georgia; #4 Florida; #5 LSU); Alabama is #8 and Vanderbilt makes the Top 25 for the 1st time in 24 years!!! The Big 12 has 3 of the Top 7...#2 Oklahoma; #6 Mizzou and #7 Texas!

#1 USC is the only Top 25 team in the struggling PAC 10. Penn State has looked the most impressive in the Big 10. The MWC is looking stronger with #11 BYU, #17Utah & #24 TCU!!! Boise State still winning like you said dgreco.

Hey Southron; that Alabama-Georgia game will be very interesting. Saban has them going in the right direction!

our only missed opportunity richyb83 with tennessee was getting rid of fulmer. getting to the sec championship game last year was probably the worst thing that could have happened. it's estimated that it'll cost the vols about $7-8 million to get rid of fulmer and co. and get a better coaching staff. all my bama fan buddies love the fact that he's still there though. and we know what they think of him. haha

Well, it's official:

OREGON STATE 27, #1 USC 21.

This seems to be part of a pattern. While USC is undoubtedly a great team, year in, year out,, it seems like someone from the PAC-10 slips a surprise loss up on them every year. It was Oregon State this year, Stanford last year (seriously, what the heck? I'm still trying to figure this one out), UCLA a couple years ago in the PAC-10 Championship Game. Not to forget Oregon State beating USC the last time the Trojans were at Oregon State.

WOW! I watched the entire game!! For the Oregon State Beavers to jump on USC 21-0 in the 1st half was crazy!

There is no #1 Team now; I have always thought it was too early to tell. When do the official BCS Polls come out?? In a few weeks??

Big Weekend in the SEC!!! #3 Georgia vs. #8 Alabama should be a great match-up!!! #4 Florida vs. Ole Miss; #5 LSU vs. Mississippi State; Auburn plays Tennesee in a "must-win" contest for both.

#2 Oklahoma faces #24 TCU; #10 Wisconsin plays Michigan

Edited by richyb83

WOW! I watched the entire game!! For the Oregon State Beavers to jump on USC 21-0 in the 1st half was crazy!

There is no #1 Team now; I have always thought it was too early to tell. When do the official BCS Polls come out?? In a few weeks??

Big Weekend in the SEC!!! #3 Georgia vs. #8 Alabama should be a great match-up!!! #4 Florida vs. Ole Miss; #5 LSU vs. Mississippi State; Auburn plays Tennesee in a "must-win" contest for both.

#2 Oklahoma faces #24 TCU; #10 Wisconsin plays Michigan

I'm thinking it's going to be Oklahoma at #1. After this week with UGA at #2, if they beat Alabama (which I'm thinking they will, but not be much. It's going to be a good game).

Anyways, I only caught the second half of the Oregon State-USC game. In fact, I wouldn't have caught that if it weren't for the fact that one of my friend's on Facebook had "watching USC implode" as their status. Like I said, these past few years, USC has always had one stupid PAC-10 loss sneak up on them. I was wondering if it would happen this year, and it just did.

I feel good right now. That was a great football game to watch.

I am an Oregon State fan, and didn't expect a win... boy was I wrong. Great game and a great win for the Beavers, puts the season back on track after getting demolished by Penn State a few weeks ago.

The Rodgers brothers look to be the future in Corvallis, should be good to watch them in the future. Was wondering who was going to step up with the departure of Yvenson Bernard. Unfortunately, still need some help replacing Alexis Serna on the kicking side too.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Congrats to Oregon State! The 2nd time in a row they beat the Trojans in Corvallis!! Yeah for Penn State to whip them 45-14 earlier; truly made this an eye-opener!

I have been wanting LSU to play USC for years!!! But that upset loss to the Beavers may have ruined it again! Since the so-called "Co./Split" National Championship in 03 . B<_< I have always had confidence LSU would suprise the country and BEAT USC if they ever got to play; I truly believe the game is WON in the "trenches"; and with that I give the edge to the LSU Tigers!

#3(now #1 or #2?) Georgia took care of Arizona State 27-10 last week; now face #8 Alabama tonight in what should be a great game!!!

LSU travels to Florida in two weeks!!

Crazy weekend... USC and Florida get surprised by teams they should've beat easily. Georgia got whupped by Alabama, and Michigan's comeback over Wisconsin was a real surprise. It's like the Wolverines suddenly remembered how to play football after going in to the half down 19-0.

No big upsets last weekend...but Vanderbilt edging Auburn 14-13 was a suprise! The other good games that came to mind were Ohio State' 20-17 win over Wisconsin; Florida State outscoring Miami 41-39 was a crazy game that ended in a driving rain-storm!

The Top Game's this weekend are Oklahoma vs. Texas....and LSU at Florida

The Top Game's this weekend are Oklahoma vs. Texas....and LSU at Florida

...Both of which were (sort of) upsets as Texas beats #1 Oklahoma, Florida crushes LSU. Also, #2 Missouri lost to Oklahoma.

How bad is Michigan this year? They lost to a lousy Toledo team 13-10 after the kicker missed a chip-shot FG to send the game to OT. The streak of 33 straight bowl games is probably going to be over this year, as I don't seem them winning more than 1 or 2 more games this season.

• 1 month later...

So Oklahoma blew apart #2 Texas Tech 65-21, setting up a 3-way tie for the division and BCS confusion. But in all reality, its pretty simple.

Texas Tech should drop pretty far down because they weren't even competitive, and Texas should be ahead of Oklahoma since Texas beat them.

More interesting is what to do with the other teams that have lost one game they shouldn't have: Florida, USC and Penn State.

My top 6 would be:

1. Alabama (undefeated)

2. Texas (beat Oklahoma)

3. Oklahoma (trounced Tech)

4. Florida (tough conference)

5. USC (I think they would beat Penn State head-to-head)

6. Penn State

Torgo, I agree with your rankings..just have to think Oklahoma and Florida are playing the best football right now.

Wow! Oklahoma was lights-out vs Texas Tech 65-21!!!

Maybe this years championship won't be as complex as years past. Pretty simple...Florida/Alabama winner vs. Texas/Oklahoma winner in a Final 4 format?? Since Texas beat Oklahoma on a neutral site; does that eliminate Oklahoma??

#5 USC vs #8 Penn State should make for a nice Rose Bowl; but Oregon State has the tie-breaker in the PAC 10. #6 Utah vs #7Texas Tech would make for a nice Fiesta Bowl.

I think there should be a playoff; most years a 8-team format. Keep the bowls; the major bowls could rotate the 1-8. But the #9 team would be mad they were left out.

Edited by richyb83

Well Oregon State lost to Oregon in the Civil War, setting up a USC-Penn State Rose Bowl if USC beats UCLA next weekend. Should be a good game, Penn State's "spread HD" going against the best defense in the nation. Against USC, Notre Dame managed 9 yards of offense in the first half and only 91 yards for the game. They didn't even get a first down until the last play of the 3rd quarter! I wonder if Weis survives till next season?

Alabama-Florida looks like it will be a #1 vs #2 SEC title game, should be a classic; both teams are playing really well right now.

Against USC, Notre Dame managed 9 yards of offense in the first half and only 91 yards for the game. They didn't even get a first down until the last play of the 3rd quarter! I wonder if Weis survives till next season?

I'd be shocked if Charlie Weis returns for another season at ND. He gets less out of great talent than anyone in the country. It'll really be interesting to see if Urban Meyer says yes to ND this time.

I'd be shocked if Charlie Weis returns for another season at ND. He gets less out of great talent than anyone in the country. It'll really be interesting to see if Urban Meyer says yes to ND this time.

i dunno, did you see phil fulmer these past few years? (and that hurts coming from a ut fan that actually likes fulmer). urban meyer wouldn't leave florida right now. he's got way too much of a good thing at florida. (and that hurts coming from a ut fan too haha)