NCAA Football

TennBear

Florida over Tennessee. For some reason, I don't think this one will be that close. I see Florida winning this one by at least 20.

Torgo: Florida may beat Tennessee this year, but I doubt that either team will win by at least 20. Over the last 6 years,

2001 UT by 2

2002 UF by 17

2003 UT by 14

2004 UT by 2

2005 UF by 9

2006 UF by 1

I am looking at a high scoring game with the winning score being by no more than a field goal.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before...there's a big drop-off after #5. #6 Texas edged UCF 35-32; #7 Wisconsin was tied at the half, beating the Citadel 45-31; #9 Louisville LOST to Kentucky 40-34; #11 UCLA got clocked by Utah 44-6.

Impressive win for the Gators; smashing Tennessee 59-20! USC beat Nebraska 49-31.

The game of the day may have been Alabama/Arkansas. Bama blew a 21-0 lead only to win at the end 41-38. Last year's Auburn refs must have been working that game.

- USC had a good win over Nebraska. Their passing game still needs to get on track.. and when it does they are going to be very tough.

- Florida big over Tennessee! (told ya tennbear :D )

- How bad is ND this year? Through three games, the offense has scored exactly zero touchdowns, gained -14 yards rushing, and have been outscored 102-13. I can't see them winning more than two or three games. :scared:

I think the top 5 will stay pretty much the same, but you could make a case for any of them at #1, since all but West Virginia has an impressive win over a good team thusfar (Fla over Tenn, USC over Neb, LSU over Va Tech, Oklahoma over Miami)

Edited by torgo

New AP top 25:

1. USC (46)

2. LSU (19)

3. Florida

4. Oklahoma

5. West Virginia

6. California

7. Texas

8. Ohio State

9. Wisconsin

10. Penn State

11. Rutgers

12. South Carolina

13. Oregon

14. Boston College

15. Clemson

16. Alabama

17. Virginia Tech

18. Louisville

19. Hawaii

20. Texas A&M

21. Kentucky

22. Georgia

23. South Florida

24. Nebraska

25. Missouri

As I said before...there's a big drop-off after #5. #6 Texas edged UCF 35-32; #7 Wisconsin was tied at the half, beating the Citadel 45-31; #9 Louisville LOST to Kentucky 40-34; #11 UCLA got clocked by Utah 44-6.

Impressive win for the Gators; smashing Tennessee 59-20! USC beat Nebraska 49-31.

The game of the day may have been Alabama/Arkansas. Bama blew a 21-0 lead only to win at the end 41-38. Last year's Auburn refs must have been working that game.

Yeah that was a badly called game. I'm just not saying that because my team lost though. There were some questionable calls that went Arkansas' way as well earlier in the game. But the end of the game the refs certainly seemed to be siding with Alabama giving them all the breaks.

- Florida big over Tennessee! (told ya tennbear :D )

Torgo, You did tell me. I really thought that it would like the other SEC games of the day. The VOLS just did not look good at all. No run game, the wide outs looked slow and didn't catch balls that they should have. Tebow was impressive tossing about 4 passes that never should have got off and completing them. Some of those completions were impressive in themselves.

Imo, there is no question LSU should be the #1 team in the land. They are the only team w/ an explosive offense and a complete shut down defense. They have given up a total of 7 points this whole season in 3 games, and have 2 shut outs. USC looks good too, but they did give up 31 to Nebraska, who really doesn't have much of an offense. They could only put up 20 on a mediocre WF team.

Right now, I'd say,

1. LSU

2. USC

3. Oklahoma (If LSU & USC end up undefeated along w/ OU, OU will be left out b/c of the weak Big 12)

4. Florida(they'll get beat at LSU handidly imo)

After these top 4, there is a huge drop off imo. I am glad my Ohio State Buckeyes woke up in the 2nd half to post a pretty impressive 33-14 road win at Washington. The Big 10 is very down this year, maybe not as down as the Big 12 or ACC though, and b/c of that, I think they have just as good of a chance of winning the conference as anybody else has.

Imo, there is no question LSU should be the #1 team in the land. They are the only team w/ an explosive offense and a complete shut down defense. They have given up a total of 7 points this whole season in 3 games, and have 2 shut outs. USC looks good too, but they did give up 31 to Nebraska, who really doesn't have much of an offense. They could only put up 20 on a mediocre WF team.

Right now, I'd say,

1. LSU

2. USC

3. Oklahoma (If LSU & USC end up undefeated along w/ OU, OU will be left out b/c of the weak Big 12)

After these top 4, there is a huge drop off imo. I am glad my Ohio State Buckeyes woke up in the 2nd half to post a pretty impressive 33-14 road win at Washington. The Big 10 is very down this year, maybe not as down as the Big 12 or ACC though, and b/c of that, I think they have just as good of a chance of winning the conference as anybody else has.

Seems like I keep hearing people saying USC has the best defense, but I don't think I agree with that. They certainly have a good defense, but I have a hard time putting it above LSU's. But really as long as you're 1 or 2 it doesn't matter. What will probably end up having a very large role is what happens in that LSU-Florida game. Isn't that coming up in a few weeks? I'm really interested in seeing what happens there.

Right now, I'd say,

1. LSU

2. USC

I think a big reason USC is #1 is because they started out #1, and the voters aren't going to demote them since they have posted 2 lopsided wins. The points the USC defense has given up are a little misleading if you ask me, because the starters only gave up 3 to Idaho and 17 of Nebraska (USC was up 49-17 at one point). Everything else came against the reserves. The stats aren't as eye-popping as LSU's, but they are getting the job done. The USC D seems to spend the first half looking rather ordinary, only to come out and dominate in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Both LSU and USC have a slew of tough games ahead. Right now, I'd say LSU has a better chance of running the table, mostly because their big games are at home, whereas USC has to play them all (most notably Cal and Oregon) on the road.

Florida vs LSU could be a great game. Both teams have great offenses, but LSU's D is absolutely suffocating, and that should give them the edge.

Edited by torgo

Predictions for this week:

- LSU over South Carolina. LSU is fortunate enough to be playing most of their big games at home this year, and they are probably going to dominate everyone (except maybe Fla) in Baton Rouge this year. LSU by 20.

- Alabama over Georgia. Alabama is having a good year, and I don't think they'll lose to Georgia at home. Alabama by 10.

- USC over Washington St. USC has won 34 in a row at coliseum. I don't see that changing anytime soon, especially against Washington State. USC by 30.

- Michigan over Penn St. Penn State's 3 wins were against Florida International(SI Power Ranking #118), Notre Dame (#75), and Buffalo(#106). UM by 7.

- Arkansas over Kentucky. Just a hunch. Arkansas by 10.

Edited by torgo

Predictions for this week:

- LSU over South Carolina. LSU is fortunate enough to be playing most of their big games at home this year, and they are probably going to dominate everyone (except maybe Fla) in Baton Rouge this year. LSU by 20.

- Alabama over Georgia. Alabama is having a good year, and I don't think they'll lose to Georgia at home. Alabama by 10.

- USC over Washington St. USC has won 34 in a row at coliseum. I don't see that changing anytime soon, especially against Washington State. USC by 30.

- Michigan over Penn St. Penn State's 3 wins wins were against Florida International(SI Power Ranking #118), Notre Dame (#75), and Buffalo(#106). UM by 7.

- Arkansas over Kentucky. Just a hunch. Arkansas by 10.

Yeah, even though South Carolina look like they could have a pretty good year, it's going to be hard for anyone to come out of Baton Rouge with a win. I'm still not sure about Alabama, but Georgia is looking pretty bad this year. I also don't know what to think of Arkansas, they gave up a lot of yards to Alabama last week and I imagine Kentucky is going to prove just as big of a challenge to stop. I also don't know what to think about Michigan either. They looked horrible earlier in the season but then put it to Notre Dame. Does it mean Michigan is finally put things together or that Notre Dame is simply even more horrible.

Winner of the LSU vs. Florida game will likely be the national champion. My heart is with Florida, but my money would be on LSU this year. This will likely be the best game of the year.

Florida didn't look too good this past week. They barely beat a bad Ole Miss team by 6. LSU is going steam roll them, and they could lose another game too, we'll see. Their defense isn't as good as they looked at against the cupcakes at home.

Michigan has to be the hardest team to figure out. They lose to App State get crushed by Oregon, & now beat bad ND team and a pretty good PSU team.

Will ND even win a game this year? At least they finally scored an offensive TD this past week. That must mean MSU has a bad defense.

USC was typical USC in their beatdown of Wazzou. LSU looked ok in the rain. Oklahoma is looking real good, too bad they only have 1 real challenge in their conference.

I don't think there is much doubt, especially w/ how weak the Big 10 is that Ohio State is the cream of the crop again. My Buckeyes may lose a game b/c of their youth, but they'll win the Big 10 and go to the Rose Bowl. I'm definitely happy w/ their progress so far this year.

Florida didn't look too good this past week. They barely beat a bad Ole Miss team by 6. LSU is going steam roll them, and they could lose another game too, we'll see. Their defense isn't as good as they looked at against the cupcakes at home.

Michigan has to be the hardest team to figure out. They lose to App State get crushed by Oregon, & now beat bad ND team and a pretty good PSU team.

Will ND even win a game this year? At least they finally scored an offensive TD this past week. That must mean MSU has a bad defense.

USC was typical USC in their beatdown of Wazzou. LSU looked ok in the rain. Oklahoma is looking real good, too bad they only have 1 real challenge in their conference.

I don't think there is much doubt, especially w/ how weak the Big 10 is that Ohio State is the cream of the crop again. My Buckeyes may lose a game b/c of their youth, but they'll win the Big 10 and go to the Rose Bowl. I'm definitely happy w/ their progress so far this year.

Yeah I should have known, but it seems like Ole Miss always give Florida a hard time. They were one of the losses Florida had last year.

Yeah I really don't know what to think of Michigan. As bad as they were at the beginning of the season, you almost wonder if maybe they could end up playing a big role in who wins the Big 10. Some of the other Big 10 teams have had unimpressive games as well.

Look for Oklahoma to roll, like you said the Big 12 isn't too strong this year. Although they can't take it for granted. They've lost to teams they shouldn't have before in their conference.

Florida found out you got to bring your "A" game every week; no one in the SEC is going to lay down, including Ole Miss!

LSU beat the 12th ranked team by 12 in the rain like you said + the QB played on a gimpy ankle; and w/o leading reciever(injury). LSU will need him to be healthier in two weeks vs. Gators?? Should be an exciting game!!!

I would love to see LSU vs. USC in the National Championship Game. It's asking alot for LSU to play an extra game in the SEC Championship and have to beat Florida "twice". The PAC 10(USC) should have to play the extra Championship Game like the SEC and other conferences. Sorry for the rant, it's just a big disadvantage.

The Georgia/Alabama game in OT was entertaining!

Nebraska only beat Ball State 41-40?? Wow!

What's harder to figure out is how Appalachain State beats Michigan and loses to Wofford??

Ohio State looks like the Top Big 10 Team for sure! And their Defense looks solid once again. Penn State's early cupcake schedule cost them vs. Michigan.

Florida looked more vulnerable than LSU did this past weekend, but I think that game (UF-LSU) will be a great one. I still think LSU will win if they can contain Florida QB Tebow.

I am kind of on the fence regarding the extra game in the Pac-10. Unlike most (if not all) the other conferences, everyone plays everyone in the Pac-10, so there isn't really a need for one. However, it would make sense to have all the BCS conferences play a championship game, just so its even and teams are playing the same number of games.

Michigan definitely has a chance to win the Big 10, because no one in the Big 10 runs the spread offense. I think they are definitely good enough to beat everyone in their conference, but as we saw in weeks one or two, if they play someone who effectively runs a pass-happy, speed-oriented offense (Oregon, USC, FLorida, etc), then they are doomed. Michigan (and the rest of the Big Ten) needs to realize that you can't win by running the ball down everyone's throat.

If Nebraska can barely beat Wake Forest, Ball St then they aren't that good. They won't contend for the Big 12 title unless they improve a LOT. If they played Oklahoma tomorrow they would get murdered.

Edited by torgo

Florida looked more vulnerable than LSU did this past weekend, but I think that game (UF-LSU) will be a great one. I still think LSU will win if they can contain Florida QB Tebow.

I am kind of on the fence regarding the extra game in the Pac-10. Unlike most (if not all) the other conferences, everyone plays everyone in the Pac-10, so there isn't really a need for one. However, it would make sense to have all the BCS conferences play a championship game, just so its even and teams are playing the same number of games.

Michigan definitely has a chance to win the Big 10, because no one in the Big 10 runs the spread offense. I think they are definitely good enough to beat everyone in their conference, but as we saw in weeks one or two, if they play someone who effectively runs a pass-happy, speed-oriented offense (Oregon, USC, FLorida, etc), then they are doomed. Michigan (and the rest of the Big Ten) needs to realize that you can't win by running the ball down everyone's throat.

If Nebraska can barely beat Wake Forest, Ball St then they aren't that good. They won't contend for the Big 12 title unless they improve a LOT. If they played Oklahoma tomorrow they would get murdered.

Yeah it is a young Florida team that hadn't been on the road till then. That and like I said Ole Miss seems to give them troubles for some reason.

People seemed worried about having that extra game in the SEC but I think if you look at it it's actually helped more than it's hurt. Otherwise Florida probably wouldn't have even had a shot to play in the Natl Championship. I believe the SEC has also won a number Natl Championships since they set up that SEC Championship game. So it really hasn't hurt there either. Then in the Big 10 you had Wisconsin who didn't have a shot because they didn't play some of the other good teams out of the conference. I think a game like that could have really helped Wisconsin last year.

I like Cincinnati too, if for no other reason than their coach Brian Kelly was formerly the head coach at my alma matter and led them to a National Championship. I expect good things from this team.

Picks for this week:

Cal over Oregon - This could be a really good game. Both Cal and Oregon are ranked in the top 15 and have crazy speed. Could be the best game of the week! Cal by a TD.

West Virginia over S Florida. The WVU offense of White, Slaton and freshman Noel Devine is scary good. WVU by 14, maybe more.

Florida over Auburn - Auburn won't be able to contain Florida's offense. Will anyone in the SEC be able to do that? LSU maybe, but that might be it. Florida by 2 TDs.

USC over Washington - USC almost lost to the Huskies last year, but I don't think that will be the case this time around. USC has way too many weapons and a excellent front 7. USC by 30.

LSU over Tulane - Will Tulane even manage to score at all against LSU's ridiculous defense? Maybe against the third stringers in garbage time. I'm guessing the final score will be something like 55-0.

Edited by torgo

Look for the USF vs WV game to be a lot closer than some people think. South Florida is ranked for the first time ever, they have a great defense, the game is in Tampa, and the Friday night game will have a bowl atmosphere because it's such a huge game for them. The game is already sold out with over 65,000 people expected. I think South Florida is either going to win or be within a touchdown. USF smells blood because, like a lot of people, they think WV is not as good as their ranking. Same as last year when USF beat WV in Mogantown 24-19 when WV was ranked #7.

Edited by facilities man

Look for the USF vs WV game to be a lot closer than some people think. South Florida is ranked for the first time ever, they have a great defense, the game is in Tampa, and the Friday night game will have a bowl atmosphere because it's such a huge game for them. The game is already sold out with over 65,000 people expected. I think South Florida is either going to win or be within a touchdown. USF smells blood because, like a lot of people, they think WV is not as good as their ranking.

USF vs. WVU is going to be a great game. I am rooting for USF in this case just because I love to watch the underdog prevail.