Nashville's Agenda 2007: Conversation across the city

southsideJ

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this caught my eye: "Develop a thoroughfare connecting North Nashville to West End." I wonder if this is a serious statement, where it would be, how "major" it would be and whether it is realistic or necessary. Interesting.

And this: "Develop a downtown park for people who live and work downtown. Possible locations include the former baseball park site, Shelby Park or the Gulch." ---I still think it would be cool to build over I-40 and create a park that would connect the Gulch to the Roundabout and Midtown. Click here--I made a little map instead of trying to explain my imaginary park idea. The city could get buy and get rid of the Comfort Inn (which won't be there much longer anyway), buy up some available Gulch land, build over the interstate, start planting trees and . . . tada--you've got a pretty sizeable park there. I know it is completely unrealistic, but I think its food for thought. We could do a lot with building over the interstates.

Also, I like the idea to partner immigrant leaders with native Nashvillians to expand partnerships and create stronger leaders and the overall effort outlined in the Agenda regarding immigration. It seems to me to be a logical, proactive plan as opposed to the ridiculous English only/English first bill that was 'crafted' to solve nothing and was really just part of the problem. I know some people probably disagree with me on the English first issue, but I like that this plan addresses immigration and the fact that our city is becoming increasingly diverse instead of just whining about it.

Archived