New Tallest in Greenville?

erm1981

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having trouble understanding how they know that the economy is too bad to support their project. Have they tried selling condos to see what the demand is? Have they done studies to gauge the demand for apartments there? Have they contacted potential hotels about putting a property there?

If so, I can live with their "poor economy" excuse. But if not, then I wonder what it's going to take for them to put themselves out there to see what happens. Who knows, if their project is just right it could succeed despite the economy.

I am willing to be patient here, but only for the right project that is truly a dynamic landmark. I want to believe that these local developers with zero experience with a project such as this have the know-how to make this thing happen. Time will tell...

I doubt this project will ever happen based on the track record of Marick. They at least got The Rembrey at Pamlico Shores and Montelago at Lake Keowee to renderings and plans. We haven't even seen a hint of what they are planning at the Gateway Site. Wouldn't some teasers at least start to drum up excitement for when the economy picks up. The fact that we have seen NOTHING makes me very dubious that this project will happen.

I doubt this project will ever happen based on the track record of Marick. They at least got The Rembrey at Pamlico Shores and Montelago at Lake Keowee to renderings and plans. We haven't even seen a hint of what they are planning at the Gateway Site. Wouldn't some teasers at least start to drum up excitement for when the economy picks up. The fact that we have seen NOTHING makes me very dubious that this project will happen.

There has been a lot of projects that have died or been put on hold. The one thing I see thats common about all of these is that they are private investors that have to depend on financing to build. I wonder how do we get interest from large corporate investors? Greenville is definetly a nice enough city getting lots of attention.

There has been a lot of projects that have died or been put on hold. The one thing I see thats common about all of these is that they are private investors that have to depend on financing to build. I wonder how do we get interest from large corporate investors? Greenville is definetly a nice enough city getting lots of attention.

Citylife, you have probably said before, but what do you do? You seem to be "in the know" on quite a few things. While I would like to get excited about the idea that offices are planned for DT, I just can't. There has been tons of "planning" here over the past 5 years, and so many have died. There's an old saying, " One bird in hand beats twelve in the bush." Or another one, "The smallest deed is greater than the grandest of intentions."

Archived