CINCINNATI: Wyoming...Park Place/Wyoming Ave.

grasscat

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$133k seems like an average price to pay for a home in a nice older neighborhood like that one...or at least that would be the average price around here. I guess it all depends on the location.

Wyoming, Ohio was named after a spot in Pennsylvania (now called Wyoming, Pennsylvania).

Damn, you beat me to it! From the Wyoming walking tour:

--Named Wyoming by Robert Reily in 1861.

--Wyoming was the name of a valley in NE Pennsylvania which some of the settlers had known

--Reily is said to have had a preference for names with seven letters.

Nice houses such as that in Charlotte would easily exceed $300K, maybe average $450K or so.

Wow. One nice thing about the midwest is that our housing is so inexpensive compared to the coasts. The only real negative drawback is the weather, which isn't really that bad....I just like to complain about it a lot. LOL. We do lack mountains, however. Detroit is as flat as a pancake, although the plains cities have rolling hills.

Archived