Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TLT

PPD planning 2ND tower in downtown

8 posts in this topic

An article in the Wilmington Business News quotes the CEO Dr. Fred Eshelman as saying that as soon as the present tower reaches 2,000 employees they will build a second tower. July is the month when all employees will be moved into the new tower which will total 1,700. At the rate they are adding new employees and expanding their business worldwide, the downtown world headquarters could hit 2,000 employees as soon as next year. Dr Eshelman say they have enough land to build the 2ND tower along side the first one. That would really add to Wilmington's skyline along with the other mid rises planned for construction in the next year.

IMG_0779.jpg

i love the 100 year gap in development that you witness when going over the 421 bridge along the river. it would be nice to have a second tower in that area, since the one looks out of place by itself.

i love the 100 year gap in development that you witness when going over the 421 bridge along the river. it would be nice to have a second tower in that area, since the one looks out of place by itself.

Has Wilmington got over the rule that no building over 9 to 10 stories? I would love to a 20 to 25 story PPD in downtown Wilmington.

Has Wilmington got over the rule that no building over 9 to 10 stories? I would love to a 20 to 25 story PPD in downtown Wilmington.