Tally Govt wastes more tax payer money

stjoe

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...GNEWS/706120302

"Using SunTrust Area CEO David Ramsey as a guide, more than 25 Tallahassee business, civic and media leaders will travel Tuesday to see downtown Chattanooga, Tenn."

25 people? How much money do local taxpayers shell out for these politicians freebee vacations? They can't learn about this area with 2-3 folks going? Or via a conference call?

If you remember they sent about 30 folks to Austin, Madison, and Raliegh about 10-15 years ago to learn how to build research and diversify the economy. They ignored everthing they learned when they came home.

This is just another scam that gets 25 connected folks a free bee vacation.

I can't wait for the state legislature to cut property taxes soon and help end some of this BS.

What makes it worse is these politiicans never actually learn anything it seems from these trips because we get the same old same old all the time.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am with you St. Joe, I am outraged. These people keep spending taxpayer money like they are running a huge corporation with infinite profits. For those of us who purchased a home relatively recently, taxes are just out of control and the solution is to stop the frivilous spending.

Did you know our county commissioners get paid $77K per year for their part-time job? Add in their "Travel" budgets, car allowance ($4,262), cell phone allowance ($1000), etc. and it is ridiculous.

Yeah that ticks me off that County Commissioners earn twice what a City Commissioner does yet they do less than half the work. YET notice from your own quotes of the article in question, it does not say government officials take a trip, it says, "25 Tallahassee business, civic and media leaders ".

So moves me to ask, "Why the new thread"?

"So moves me to ask, "Why the new thread"?"

1. Is there an old thread on govt wasting tax payer money? Specifically about one covering this instance?

2. I don't care who the money is being wasted on, I care that it is being wasted. The who is a side issue.

3. Because this issue deserves it's own thread. It is a common practice to take these kinds of junkets on tax payer money and it is a farce.

I agree St. Joe, this is ridiculous. These "Fact Finding" missions are nothing more than a vacation with a "meeting" or two.

I think this is worthy of its own thread...just as worthy as a lot of other seperate threads, as it is more specific than just "Tallahassee Politics."

Archived