Mayor's Race Today

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's right, go Knox!

Does anyone think that Knox White has any real chance of losing this? I would like to think that most people are pleased with the job Knox White has done as mayor, and will not hesitate to re-elect him. Thoughts?

Knox White is probably the second best mayor in the state right now, behind Charleston's Joe Riley. He should win easily, and doesn't seem to be taking it for granted. His campaign has mailed and called often.

The only thing is, complancy and overconfidence on the part of the voters can result in upsets in a low turnout election, which this will undoubtedly be.

Knox White is probably the second best mayor in the state right now, behind Charleston's Joe Riley. He should win easily, and doesn't seem to be taking it for granted. His campaign has mailed and called often.

The only thing is, complancy and overconfidence on the part of the voters can result in upsets in a low turnout election, which this will undoubtedly be.

I was simply asking the original poster why he felt that Joe Riley was a better mayor than Knox White. I look forward to hearing why they think so, especially since I am not familiar with the specifics of what Riley has accomplished as mayor. I do know that he is well thought-of here, though.

As for my statement about Charleston being more well-known than Greenville, I stand by that. My whole life, I have always heard of Charleston. Most everyone has. It's famous (it's where the Civil War started, after all). It's always been known for its history and charm. It has been a tourist magnet for quite some time. That's not to say that it hasn't improved, because it obviously has. But when you're talking about name recognition on a national level, Greenville can't come close (yet).

• 1 month later...

Archived