Housing Starts in 17 Southern States = Rest of USA

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That data is a little misleading in terms of comparing the number of home sales in the South with the rest of the nation. As defined there, the South stretches from Maryland through Texas and Oklahoma and is far and away also the most populous of the four regions referred to. Of course, it would have more home sales.

^Well right now the South is booming so you might not be leaving afterall ;)

Haha. I just can't picture him staying in the south much longer...he's probably counting down the days until he can move out....not that that's a bad thing - I'm counting down the days until I can move out of the exurbs. 2 months & 16 days left!

How many people do these 17 states have, I'd imagine that including Texas they would have more than their 1/3 share of the total population.

Yeah, I really don't feel like digging up any numbers, but the south is large in area, and also the largest in population of all the regions. Maybe after I finish my calculus homework I'll go find the numbers....(I know, it's pathetic...I'm doing homework on a Saturday night, but I'm going away for the day tomorrow.)

Good jobs? Much of the growth down here are $8/hour jobs.

I repeat. I'm moving out of the south ASAP!

I think it depends on the city and the types of industries hiring. The southern region is too large & diverse to group everything together.

For example, by working in the Architecture industry in Jacksonville, I make 11k more a year than what I was getting in Central Florida. Now one of my old co-workers who kept in touch with me after I relocated is moving to Jax too. He'll be making more than 1k extra a month, than what he was making in Central Florida.

Yeah, it all depends on where you go and what your skills are. There are more and more businesses that are paying more any more money moving to the South. Granted we have alot of straight up manufacturing jobs that are boring and repetitive and pay $8/hr, however, that trend is slowly reversing itself.

Archived