25-story tower announced for Portsmouth waterfront

Surferheel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the article says this development will include five eight-story office/residential buildings along with the 25-story tower. Sounds good to me! Lincoln says the entire project will take four years to complete but there is no word on how soon they will start. Given the city already owns the land and has been planning for the development of this site for a long time, it should be able to begin without much hassle. This will be great for the city!

Holiday Inn site to be redeveloped!!!

portsmouthhotel0612full.jpg

The company's initial proposal calls for a first phase of five eight-story waterfront buildings that will house roughly 200 apartments and 12,000 square feet of ground-level retail shops and restaurants.

The second phase will involve a tower about 25 stories high. The lower floors would house 130,000 square feet of Class A office space

At the Seawall Festival (P-town's HarborFest), I heard some inside info from someone (in the loop) that in two years, the Sembler project will have changed that area as to make it "unrecognizable". So with both projects hopefully going through without a hitch... Portsmouth will definitely be in a 'renaissance' as they like to say.

Hmm... Generally yeah but not that similar. It looks like there is a lot more to it than that. It's got quite a modern look though, which I like. Glad they didn't just settle for something colonial looking, which they could've easily done in that part of town.

Portsmouth OKs $158 million downtown redevelopment project

City leaders today announced that a Texas-based company will redevelop what has been called Portsmouth's most desirable downtown spot into a mix of office space and residential units worth $158 million.

WOW!!! LPC are heavy hitters, and if they say they are doing it, they already have the credit lines to make it happen.

Look out, Norfolk -- as pilots say, fight's on.

The tower is a bit disappointing. Looks like any old box with a sort of pre-fab Prairie Style house on top. Maybe that's being too generous. In any event, it's better than the old Holiday Inn. Kudos to Portsmouth for getting this thing off the ground.

I think that is a pretty early sketch and I wouldn't be surprised to see it change almost completely by the time it is built. I love how ALL sketches of waterfront properties include an a$$load of sailboats, all of them in full trim, within 20 yards of the shore/pier/development. :wacko:

I think that is a pretty early sketch and I wouldn't be surprised to see it change almost completely by the time it is built. I love how ALL sketches of waterfront properties include an a$$load of sailboats, all of them in full trim, within 20 yards of the shore/pier/development. :wacko:

Archived