Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandrollerz

Luring a business to a community

14 posts in this topic

What is the best way to approach a business to tell them you think they should come to your town?

I've long thought that Adobe should have a location out in Allendale. It would fit perfectly that they have restaurants on both ends of the east/west GVSU corridor, servicing the GVSU community. There is even a nice spot available for them in Allendale, the old McDonald's Express/Dewey Tucker drive through. Adobe did a similar renovation of a small drive through on Chicago Drive. I am also thinking of LocalFirst since Adobe in Allendale might make it a little more difficult for a Taco Bell entry into the area. There is currently no Mexican/Ameri-Mexican in Allendale.

Where to begin? Call? letter writing? They have no website I know of. Every time I am in there, it doesn't appear that any of the workers would be helpful in a discussion such as this, though that may be presumptuous of me....

What is the best way to approach a business to tell them you think they should come to your town?

I've long thought that Adobe should have a location out in Allendale. It would fit perfectly that they have restaurants on both ends of the east/west GVSU corridor, servicing the GVSU community. There is even a nice spot available for them in Allendale, the old McDonald's Express/Dewey Tucker drive through. Adobe did a similar renovation of a small drive through on Chicago Drive. I am also thinking of LocalFirst since Adobe in Allendale might make it a little more difficult for a Taco Bell entry into the area. There is currently no Mexican/Ameri-Mexican in Allendale.

Where to begin? Call? letter writing? They have no website I know of. Every time I am in there, it doesn't appear that any of the workers would be helpful in a discussion such as this, though that may be presumptuous of me....

Please share your ideas. Certainly there's room for large and small ideas alike. The small wins pave the way for larger ones.

I believe the best way to start is to start thinking larger than Adobe. Can anyone in this city see past their own nose?

I believe the best way to start is to start thinking larger than Adobe. Can anyone in this city see past their own nose?

Nice, I don't get the paper same day. I get recycled papers a few days after the fact. Any idea on where exactly the location for this is?

It would be interesting to find out who at Adobe reads this forum.

Or maybe Grandrollerz took our advice and contacted them directly with his/her idea. Either way, it's too coincidental to be coincidental.