City Page

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my perception gain from my time as a UP member, it seems that the GR forums are by far the most vocal. Its very ironic since many of the forums and threads related to much bigger and more well known cities seem to hardy move. In fact Chicago, which is a world class city, does not even have its own forum here. Yet these type of cities are far bigger and overwhelmingly more powerful than GR and as such boast allot more activities, events, and developments that would be note worthy here on UP. I can only conclude that UP members living in GR, myself included, love our city.

From my perception gain from my time as a UP member, it seems that the GR forums are by far the most vocal. Its very ironic since many of the forums and threads related to much bigger and more well known cities seem to hardy move. In fact Chicago, which is a world class city, does not even have its own forum here. Yet these type of cities are far bigger and overwhelmingly more powerful than GR and as such boast allot more activities, events, and developments that would be note worthy here on UP. I can only conclude that UP members living in GR, myself included, love our city.

To get a city page for your fine city of Grand Rapids all that needs to be done is:

1. Volunteer to write an article every so often (I try to get a new one up on the Charlotte page every one or two weeks, sometimes more frequently if something is going on that has a lot of attention locally). This is always linked to a forum topic so that guests and members and actively participate on the issue.

2. Come up with a list of local links (news sites, etc.) as well as resource links (government sites, transit authority, etc.)

3. Get a great shot of your city for use on the page.

Most of our site is dynamically driven so there is no need to worry about anything else on the page. If interested just PM me and let me know. We do require that you be dedicated and not fall of the face of the earth after a week or two. :tough:

Archived