Charleston to Be Next Site for Presidential Debate

Charleston native

Wow, it's kind of surprising how this came to be. The SC Democratic Party has announced that Chas will host the next Demo Presidential candidate debate and it will be held at my old alma mater, El Cid. It is rather interesting that the Demo party is doing this debate at a military school, but I don't want to make this a political debate, so I'll leave it at that. CNN will be the broadcast partner for the debate in conjunction with Google and YouTube.

Mayor Riley said that the city is looking forward to showing off what he characterized as

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Well guys, the debate is tonight. Here is an article highlighting the events. The newly renovated Chas Riverview Hotel, now known as the Chas Marriott, is already becoming a major destination with Hillary's post-debate party being held there. That hotel is beautiful now, and it is lit up at night! My college is going to be featured today...it really is overwhelming. Not that I care about the candidates, but I do like the publicity that Charleston and The Citadel are receiving! ;)

Man, I don't think Charleston has had as much national exposure as its been getting within the past three months since Hugo hit. Wheel of Fortune was taped there for about a week, CBS news broadcasted live from Charleston, then you had the firefighter's tragedy (not really the way you want to get exposure though), now the presidential debate. I have a feeling that this is only the beginning for the Holy City in terms of positive exposure.

Man, I don't think Charleston has had as much national exposure as its been getting within the past three months since Hugo hit. Wheel of Fortune was taped there for about a week, CBS news broadcasted live from Charleston, then you had the firefighter's tragedy (not really the way you want to get exposure though), now the presidential debate. I have a feeling that this is only the beginning for the Holy City in terms of positive exposure.

I'm wondering why the city is getting such large amounts of exposure. However, I think it will only benefit the city...generating more buzz and potential for economic growth. It has been really neat to see my hometown in the national spotlight (except for the fire) for such an extended period of time.

Archived