Back to LR!

hogwash

Well my wife and I, both Central Arkansas refugees in NWA, have moved back to that little slice of heaven called Little Rock. :D We're living in the Capitol View neighborhood and I walk out the door every morning to see the old TCBY Tower. It's good to be back!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well my wife and I, both Central Arkansas refugees in NWA, have moved back to that little slice of heaven called Little Rock. :D We're living in the Capitol View neighborhood and I walk out the door every morning to see the old TCBY Tower. It's good to be back!

We've moved back for family, grad school at UALR (MPA program is strangely better here) and career opportunities thst just weren't present in NWA (government work). I loved Fayetteville, but it just doesn't have all that LR has to offer. I know that's not really a fair comparison anyways.

Nice, guys! Well, no doubt Little Rock will be glad to have you guys back.

Aporkalypse, I agree with you about Dallas but be careful with that comparison... Little Rock has quite a bit of sprawl as well. That area has so many more suburbs than I would have expected. That said however, there are cities the same size that are much worse in that respect. Regardless of the level of sprawl in Little Rock, though, they have done well with creating a vertical downtown district! Despite the metro population (is it 700,000? correct me if I'm wrong) the city has only +/- 200,000 residents. For a city with that population, compared to the metro population, to have such a vertical downtown is quite an accomplishment. This is one of the reasons I really like that city. It's got such a beautiful skyline. But in addition it also has a beautiful landscape and a great airport for its size.

I'm sure you won't miss Dallas TOO much. You have a lot of the same conveniences there in Little Rock, minus a lot of the headache. Driving through Dallas is a headache to me... driving through Little Rock isn't GREAT but it's a lot better, especially since they've widened I-30 from Benton to Little Rock.

Nice, guys! Well, no doubt Little Rock will be glad to have you guys back.

Aporkalypse, I agree with you about Dallas but be careful with that comparison... Little Rock has quite a bit of sprawl as well. That area has so many more suburbs than I would have expected. That said however, there are cities the same size that are much worse in that respect. Regardless of the level of sprawl in Little Rock, though, they have done well with creating a vertical downtown district! Despite the metro population (is it 700,000? correct me if I'm wrong) the city has only +/- 200,000 residents. For a city with that population, compared to the metro population, to have such a vertical downtown is quite an accomplishment. This is one of the reasons I really like that city. It's got such a beautiful skyline. But in addition it also has a beautiful landscape and a great airport for its size.

I'm sure you won't miss Dallas TOO much. You have a lot of the same conveniences there in Little Rock, minus a lot of the headache. Driving through Dallas is a headache to me... driving through Little Rock isn't GREAT but it's a lot better, especially since they've widened I-30 from Benton to Little Rock.

Archived