Lenovo, Coming to Greensboro?

cityboi

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the lack of discretion on the part of the person that let the draft agenda get out and the eagerness of the reporter to have a scoop will not kill the deal since it wasn't supposed to be public until June 21. It probably will not make a difference (especially considering the grading has begun), but sometimes companies react in strange ways.

I hope the lack of discretion on the part of the person that let the draft agenda get out and the eagerness of the reporter to have a scoop will not kill the deal since it wasn't supposed to be public until June 21. It probably will not make a difference (especially considering the grading has begun), but sometimes companies react in strange ways.

correction, a few bloggs got it wrong, it appears they are looking to build a distribution center (FedEx of course is playing a role) It isnt a done deal because the company is also looking at other cities like Louusville, Ky.

It's a warehouse for their Chinese built computers. I hope the state doesn't give them a dime for this project, nothing against the Triad, but they have received huge state giveaways only to fire 1000s of NC employees from their jobs and send the work overseas.

It's a warehouse for their Chinese built computers. I hope the state doesn't give them a dime for this project, nothing against the Triad, but they have received huge state giveaways only to fire 1000s of NC employees from their jobs and send the work overseas.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! The company is building near Greensboro. The company also withdrew its request for incentives and said Guilford County's location and access to transportation was just too good that they didnt need the incentives.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local_state/...x?storyid=86008

Also a Lenovo logistics partner will be building there too. That company will hire 85 people.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

Archived