Outrage by Dick Morris

michaelskis

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in response to part 2, we need to change the mentality of americans before we can change the federal government. the 2 party system doesn't work. we shouldn't have primaries, we should just have a mass vote on all the candidates, something like those reality shows where people get voted off. we have a vote and keep the top 5 or the top 3 and then have another vote on just them. primaries and political parties are what ruin the government.

changing the mentality of americans would require getting them to vote based on issues important to them rather than along party lines. there shouldn't be an option on the ballot to vote straight ticket democrat or straight ticket republican. also, i know on our ballots in RI for the primaries, they actually put a star next to the name of the person running that is endorsed by the party. i think that's tacky and almost telling people who to vote for.

it should just be a list of names in alphabetical order, nothing more, nothing less. and americans need to actually care. until people care, we'll continue with the pathetically low percentage of eligible people voting and we'll continue with pathetic excuses for leaders, and that includes the democratic front runners who are still politicians at heart.

Dick Morris used the system that was already in place before he got there, he was just more sucessful than most in using it. I give him much of the credit for Bill Clinton's early successes as president. I will probably read his book as he seems to be pretty straight forward about how the political underbelly of Washington politics works. Whether you like the guy or not, he knows of what he speaks and doesn't hold back anything.

I just picked it up this weekend and have read a the intro so far. The cover says it all, the Following are the costs of each issue he talks about:

1. How Illegal Immigration costs us $39,000,000,000 a year

2. How the UN costs us $14,000,000,000 a year

3. How congressional ripoffs costs us $65,000,000,000 a year

4. How Student Loan overcharges cost us $4,000,000,000 a year (glad I could pay my own way w/out student loans)

5. How Tobacco companies cost us $167,000,000,000 a year

6. How Trade Protection cost us $44,000,000,000 a year

7. How Drug Companies cost us $36,000,000,000 a year

How these things and more are ripping us off, and what to do about it.

Total $369,000,000,000 and counting: Taxpayer acknowledges receipt and agrees to keep silent.

The intro rips on the biased main stream media, special interests and their influence on congress, how most public policies benefit the elite few at the expense of the rest of us, corruption of both parties in Congress, corporate scandals (Enron, Worldcom, Fannie Mae), the corrupt Oil for Food program from teh UN, and so on. I'll be on vacation this week starting Wednesday and will get to read the whole book and will report what is in it.

He also has a part in it on how Insurance companies are ripping off Gulf Coast customers affected from Katrina, and how they are trying to ripoff anyone who lives on the coast in hurricane prones zones like TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, and NC and how the gov't is letting it happen. I really can't wait to read through this book.

BTW, Dick Morris has written several very good books already and really is one guy who does tell it like it is and will go after both parties. And yes, he was a large part of the success of the Clinton Administration in his first term.

Archived