Introduce Yourself

tombarnes

Introduce Yourself

Please feel free to introduce yourself. I'm hoping to see more active posters here. There have been lots of visitors lately, but many of you haven't joined. Go ahead and introduce yourself to the forum. To start, I'm Tom Barnes. I no longer live in Mississippi, but I did live in Natchez and Woodville for a number of years. I have been watching development in Mississippi closely for some time now. I'd love to see this forum become more active.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Jeremy, 24 years old and PROUD resident of Jackson, MS.

On a side note, I guess you can say im a late bloomer and im starting Jackson State University this fall. Im thinking about Marketing or Urban Planning and Development. Does anyone know the pay scale for Urban Planning and Development?

Welcome all....As for your question, I'm not sure about the pay scale for urban planners in Jackson. You might be able to find that information from the City of Jackson. BTW, has Melton hired a city planner yet, or is the position still open?

I grew up and went to school in Oxford; worked in land surveying all over North MS from the age of 16 through college. Parents still live in the Little Easy and we make it down once or twice a year.

I live in Charlotte now and work for a land surveying firm. Not all that familiar with parts south as our big city trips were always to Memphis and our beach trips were never to the MS gulf coast.

I'd love to see some development maps (like dubone's in Charlotte's forum) with links to relevant information. Google maps has some great features for that type of stuff now.

Sfmartin- I'm in the process of making friends with the whole Google Maps thing. Please give me some time and I will try to have some maps out there soon. Also, I'm bad with pictures. If anyone would care to post a pic to the Photos of the Day section, it would be great.

Thanks, tom, for investing your time in the Mississippi forum while you don't even live here. Your vast input is greatly appreciated!! I am trying myself to bring more life into this forum. I hope that with our efforts and then everyone else's input on top of that, we can really bring this forum to life!

Archived