Do you remember 9/11?

dgreco

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a report somewhere this past week that said the high school graduation rate of of a number of school systems in major cities across the country was at the deplorable rate of 43-55%. My question is that why, in the 21st century, are so many people forgoing even the most basic of education? Schools used to instill a bit of common sense, thoughtfulness, and creativity where people might be able to figure out the answer to that question even if they had never heard of the event.

People are just way too self-absorbed these days. Parents are much more selfish, being more interested in their own interests than their childrens. It's the TV/Video Game culture, just plop the kid down and he/she'll be entertained (and out of my HAIR!!!) for hours.

Too self absorbed, no parenting, and a school system being run by people who don't care about education for people who don't care about education.

The high school graduation rate in SC is 53% according to the paper this morning. Makes me wonder what the other 47% are planning on doing with their lives, if anything.

As a young man who was in NYC that dreadful day, it is beyond my mind how people can't answer that right. I was only 22 but will never forget it. Hell, I was 2 blocks from the towers when the first plane hit, and my mom and I were heading towards them b/c she had a meeting there and I was going to the observation deck. It was supposed to be a nice little trip for me and her before I finished my final quarter at Ohio State. Now I can't go more than 2 nights in a row w/out having a nightmare about that day, and seeing the poor people jumping out the windows. Then when you see stuff like this, it just really angers me, even moreso than watching film of the Palestinian Terrorists cheering in the streets. Somedays, I wonder if there is any hope for this country. That is just sad.

Too self absorbed, no parenting, and a school system being run by people who don't care about education for people who don't care about education.

The high school graduation rate in SC is 53% according to the paper this morning. Makes me wonder what the other 47% are planning on doing with their lives, if anything.

I can't believe that! I remember almost every detail about my life from that day just watching and wondering. Maybe I shouldn't get so mad when bush brings it up in every speech he makes... maybe he'll remind some people.

It is amazing that ANYONE would not know the answers to those questions. However, how many hundreds of people did they ask? They were obviously looking to make Americans look like fools. So they were going to ask however many people it took to do that.

Do they idiots dont know how to read dates? "9-11, so that must be september 1st".

I was only 10 and i remember everything about that day.

^And OMG! I am so f***ing suck of hearing about Paris and all the other celebs. Why do people care what happens to them? I mean, jesus, get a life ,people.

This goes to show everybody that America has the attention span of a dog chasing its own tail. One second it's 9/11 everywhere and hiding in a hermetically sealed basement and the next gossiping about the antics of a rich mans idiot daughter. Gosh! I'm proud to be an American right now.

I am pretty sure this is why the world hates and loves us. Asia loves our drama to promote to its people. India loves our ridiculous movies to promote to their people, and the rest of the world wants to bomb us :D

To be fair, I can grab a camera and find ten stupid people on the streets of Anytown USA without much effort, but I could just as easily find 50 people who could answer these questions without missing a beat. Unfortunately, this is a clear example of why we have a representative form of government, and not a direct democracy. To think that these people's votes count just as much as mine makes me cringe.

^ You know, I could go outside right now and find ten people who are convinced that George Bush is an alien (okay, so what if I'm one of them?). I really think a lof the stuff on Leno is faked anyway. Especially the guy who who thought it meant September 1st. No one is that dumb. I think it was an act.

To be fair, I can grab a camera and find ten stupid people on the streets of Anytown USA without much effort, but I could just as easily find 50 people who could answer these questions without missing a beat. Unfortunately, this is a clear example of why we have a representative form of government, and not a direct democracy. To think that these people's votes count just as much as mine makes me cringe.

^ You know, I could go outside right now and find ten people who are convinced that George Bush is an alien (okay, so what if I'm one of them?). I really think a lof the stuff on Leno is faked anyway. Especially the guy who who thought it meant September 1st. No one is that dumb. I think it was an act.

During breaks from college I was making some nice cash, working in a distribution warehouse for an office supply chain. In the summer though, the place becomes unbearably hot and sticky along with potential of 12 hour days and six day workweeks. Not my cup of tea, that's why I went to college.

Meanwhile, we got a kid in Jan. 2006 who dropped out of high school less than 4-5 months from his graduation. He just turned 18 and needed money to pay child support on his kid. He didn't like school. And three weeks after joining the warehouse, he quit that too cause he thought it was too hard (and this was approaching the slowest time of the year).

Kids have no work ethic nowadays, just do whatever the hell they want. The parenting nowadays is beyond terrible. I fear for the future of America, it doesn't look pretty.

Archived