Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Front_Range_Guy

Albuquerque: New Tallest Planned

8 posts in this topic

A rendering and a bit of information available here.

Last month it was announced a developer plans a 27-Story tower in ABQ, though it won't be downtown.

That's all I really know... LOL. I've never even been there, but I thought ABQ deserved mention for these major proposals.

Thanks for posting this. It's too bad that it's not Downtown because ABQ could certainly use the help on its skyline.

Thanks for posting this. It's too bad that it's not Downtown because ABQ could certainly use the help on its skyline.

Here's an article about the tower from The Albuquerque Tribune.

"You kind of look at it from the standpoint of, if I'm going to build something that's close to the tallest, why not be the tallest? Just from the standpoint of a sales tool," he said. "If I'm going to cater to one of the nicer hotels, they want to be in the biggest, best, newest building. If I'm going to attract office users used to high-rises in New York and California, that's what they're going to look for."

As for Garcia, he has a different reason for considering a high-rise development.

"The people of Albuquerque deserve and are ready for it."

Sorry for the late response. It's great to hear. Surprisingly I hadn't heard any info from my family there. Despite the slow down in real estate in most of the country things seem to still be going pretty well there.

I'd like to know more about ABQ and see more pics. I'm suprised we don't have even a small new mexico presence on here. ABQ has got to have some urban enthusiasts willing to chat it up.

I'd like to know more about ABQ and see more pics. I'm suprised we don't have even a small new mexico presence on here. ABQ has got to have some urban enthusiasts willing to chat it up.

Oops. Found them. They are on the other, other forum. Guess it's just cos that hates itself.