Brannen Crossing

MorganA15

• 1 month later...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I drove by there yesterday and I noticed that they just started working on the foundation for Hobby Lobby. It seems like it took them a long time to get started on it. I also noticed that they have already put up some parking lot lights.

Any word on what restaurants are locating on the outparcels? I think an Olive Garden would do great here.

I think the major tenants control their own construction, so my guess is that Hobby Lobby wasn't ready to go when TJM was.

My contact with the city said possible outlot tenants are just now starting to check on development regulations. There have only been a couple so far and one was a restaurant from the coastal area.

• 5 weeks later...

The latest I heard from someone with the city is that TJMaxx is working toward an August opening. When work began the target was November. It seems like they have a lot to do in just two months, but I suppose it is possible.

The first two restaurants on the outlots will be Carey Hilliard's and Olive Garden. There is another restaurant looking, but the name wasn't provided. My source said there was nothing in writing and no plans submitted, only telephone conversations and one or two meetings with some city staff members regarding development regulations, utilities, etc.

Yay for the OG - I hope they dont wig out this time, but we do meet their standards this time around as Bulloch County is surpassing 75,000 and the mean household income in in the 55k area if you delete the students from the equation. Cantenniel Place will help out with that though by placing 1,001 students on campus. Also in Fall 2009, freshmen will be required to live on campus, and if you think about it, that should help too - since usually freshmen dont have jobs. If only sophomores and up are allowed to live off campus (this rule can be waived for students inside a small one-county commuting radius), then they will be more likely to have at least some incomes - which is much better than being another zero multiplied into the mean household income equation. Perhaps when OG comes, along with Talbots, continued success from Sunglasses on Main and such, we will start being recognized as a more progressive and powerful economy that the rest of the state and or region were not including on their radar. Perhaps we can finally begin to mold our own image.

• 4 weeks later...

When I was in town earlier today, I noticed that they were putting up the sign on the bypass and that they are getting ready to put up the traffic light at the entrance.

I'm wondering why there's nothing going on with the outparcels. I guess there's no rush since they don't really have to open with the shopping center, but I would assume that they would want to try and take advantage of the 'new rush'.

And I wonder what's up with Office Depot? Could they have backed out?

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard anything about Office Depot or BAM for some time. It seems that OD has just disappeared. I had not heard the representative's comment about having all the small tenant spaces rented. Normally those take a while after the anchor stores open since many prospects want to see how much traffic is there first.

I heard somewhere (maybe in the Herald) that Carey Hilliard's had closed on its lot. I have heard nothing about Olive Garden since being told a number of months ago they had made serious inquiries at City Hall and said they were coming. I would expect interest in the outparcels will pick up once prospects see how the anchor stores in the center perform. With the economy as it is, my feeling is they are more cautious than a few years ago.

As far as the "hinted" shopping center to the south, I haven't heard the hints and doubt any action there in the near term. Statesboro Crossing needs to show it can perform first. Then Dr. Lovett, the owner, has to be willing to sell. She has been approached quite a few times in the last few years and has been unwilling to do so. The Statesboro Crossing developers wanted to continue the access road onto her property to give them another access point. It would have also made her property more attractive. She wasn't interested.

• 2 weeks later...

The occupancy was commented on in a Jan Moore column several months ago before Hobby Lobby was even started on. A developer was quoted as saying that all of the stores/shops were fully leased or 'filled'. The hinted development to the South was referring to the 260 acre tract - I didnt mean 'adjacent' to Statesboro Crossing. From my understanding, most of that land is undevelopable due to wetlands, but Im sure a small percentage of it could be used somehow. Any more news about OG?

Whatever happened to the comments by other members of a "Sleep Inn", a new enclosed "Hampton Inn", etc. I know that all exterior Hamptons are about to be phased out and sold, and several markets with current exterior Hamptions will get the new hotels.

Archived